Sign in with
Your question

No network/internet access on n5030

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 5, 2012 3:16:47 AM

Hello, a friend has asked for help regarding his Inspiron n5030 notebook. It no longer connects to networks "completely"(wifi or through cord). When I attempt to get connection from my own home network, it says "Limited access" and doesn't allow me to go onto the internet.

I've tried flushing DNS, releasing and renewing the IP and checked if everything was set on automatic regarding the notebook's IP and gateway. Even when checking things through ipconfig, I see no actual IP. Default gateway is shown blank.

Anyone have an idea as to what the issue is? Could it be a dead internal network card?
April 2, 2012 11:34:46 PM

Comeback said:
Hello, a friend has asked for help regarding his Inspiron n5030 notebook. It no longer connects to networks "completely"(wifi or through cord). When I attempt to get connection from my own home network, it says "Limited access" and doesn't allow me to go onto the internet.

I've tried flushing DNS, releasing and renewing the IP and checked if everything was set on automatic regarding the notebook's IP and gateway. Even when checking things through ipconfig, I see no actual IP. Default gateway is shown blank.

Anyone have an idea as to what the issue is? Could it be a dead internal network card?

he pressed F2, ive done it before
m
l
!