Toshiba Satellite A665-S6095 unable to turn on wireless capability

julia_49

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I am having to use my ethernet for my lap top, Satellite Toshiba. I have a router and the other laptop in the house works but mine wont. Cox blames it on Toshiba and Netgear and netgear blames it on Toshiba. i blame it on Cox who says for some reason my Toshiba wont allow the signal to be picked up. It goes elsewhere but not my laptop. PS is my satellite burner capable or do I have to buy softwARE? :non:

Solution
what does this line mean: "It goes elsewhere but not my laptop"

Are you able to use your laptop on other wireless networks?

Are you running the pre-loaded Windows 7 OS on this laptop still?

So i found a pic of your laptop and it looks like the WIFI has a toggle switch, its not a physical switch but a function key. If you see your F8 Key, there is a little wireless icon so unless you knew about this already, then you can hold your function key and tap F8 to toggle wireless on and off (the "fn" key at the bottom left of your keyboard between the left control and windows keys).

You should be able to view available wireless networks by the little white square monitor icon next to your sound icon in the system tray (lower right by your...

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
what does this line mean: "It goes elsewhere but not my laptop"

Are you able to use your laptop on other wireless networks?

Are you running the pre-loaded Windows 7 OS on this laptop still?

So i found a pic of your laptop and it looks like the WIFI has a toggle switch, its not a physical switch but a function key. If you see your F8 Key, there is a little wireless icon so unless you knew about this already, then you can hold your function key and tap F8 to toggle wireless on and off (the "fn" key at the bottom left of your keyboard between the left control and windows keys).

You should be able to view available wireless networks by the little white square monitor icon next to your sound icon in the system tray (lower right by your clock), if you click on it it will pop up a list of networks available, if your connected to a wireless network aleady it will tell you that and give you the option to disconnect from said wifi network

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
PS, your laptop is capable of burning discs as you have a "TOSHIBA Recovery Disc Creator" which i recommend that you run and create for emergency as these mfg's do not ship with the discs so if your hard drive were to fail you will be trying to contact Toshiba for restore discs and paying for them this time around.

There is also TOSHIBA Disc Creator which is a very basic disc burning software but i would suggest picking something up like Nero if you are trying to create music or data discs.

Solution

julia_49

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

Actually what I mean is o9ther people can bring their lap tops :cry: to my studio and theirs work, but not mine.

Thank you so much you are very kind. I am not computer literate. Im also 69 years young! lol trying

Regards,
JUlie

Todd Walker

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Todd Walker

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
I know this is an old thread. I replaced the hard drive in my son's Toshiba A665 and was having fits getting the WiFi to work. All drivers were good, the cool WiFi light OVER F8 was illuminated, ethernet worked...... Kept searching these forums and FINALLY found the ANSWER! Operator error! You have to touch the WiFi illuminated icon ABOVE the F8 key to turn it on! WTF???? F8 only toggles it after that! God I love my Mac!!!!!