Regular remotes vs Bar code remotes

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
September 10, 2004 2:33:02 PM

I'm thinking of buying this remote http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=... for my pioneer laserdisc player but am unsure of what the difference is exactly between using one of these and using the regular remote. My remote is currently sitting in several pieces after being used as a chew toy by my golden retriever. Any thoughts? Or is there a good cheap universal remote that anyone can recommend? I'm too paranoid to ask the seller.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 8:05:03 AM

If you don't have a double sided player, then the one below is preferable
since it can select the various audio channels and can turn your unit on and
off.

rd=1

If you have a double sided player, shop around for one with the A & B
buttons.

What model is your player or remote?

Pioneer still sells many remotes new on their website. Some are reasonably
priced.

Mike

<desperate@hellmouth.com> wrote in message
> I'm thinking of buying this remote
for my pioneer laserdisc player but am unsure of what the difference is
exactly between using one of these and using the regular remote. My remote
is currently sitting in several pieces after being used as a chew toy by my
golden retriever. Any thoughts? Or is there a good cheap universal remote
that anyone can recommend? I'm too paranoid to ask the seller.

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 8:15:49 AM

Here's a model CU-CLD047 double sided remote that's really for the model
CLD-V820, V830, and V840 karaoke player.

&rd=1

The ad states that it is also for the V750, but the V750 was single sided
and came with the model CU-CLD102.

!