Is this compatible?

akirome

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I'm planing to buy monitor Asus 24" VK248H LED and UPS APC BR900GI. Waveform type of BR900GI isn't "true sinewave" its "stepped approximation to a sinewave". I don't know if this monitor requires "true sinewave" for working properly when powers go out but if does will connecting it to Apc BR900GI going to harm monitor in any way? Will i have problem during power failures because of that? Buy the way i don't have the money to buy smart(pure sinewave) APC's UPS and i don't wont to buy CyberPower and stuff like that. That's why i'm asking is it safe to buy and connect these two.Thanks in advance.

akirome

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

As far as i know ups model in question offers protection for everything that is connected through it but i'm not talking about that here. If power outage happens monitor may not get power through this ups because they(monitor and ups) maybe aren't compatible and even if it does it still may harm it(monitor). That's what i found on net about connecting components to a ups that isn't "pure sinewave" and because of that i'm asking are these two compatible.

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm not entirely sure what a "pure sinewave" is. The way I understand these work - especially the newer units - is that they hook to your computer through a USB port. If there's a power outage the unit will kick in the backup battery and send a signal to your computer. Then the software will give you a certain amount of time to shut down your system and all the components connected to it.

TRENDING THREADS