Solved

Problems with my new pc

Hi I ljust built my pc about a week ago and loaded windows 7 onto it and it worked. I had sent some ram back to the manufacturer because it didn't work and I just received it today. I opened up the pc, put in the 1 new stick of ram and the pc didn't work. I switched the spot it was in and it did work! But before I had down that I without thinking unplugged the back of my pc because it wouldn't turn off... After I put the 3rd stick I it worked fine but once I put the 4th one in and restarted it all I get is a constant light by the CPU and then it turns on for about 3 secs then turns off and repeats itself... What could have happend?! I tried all the ram in one slot at a time and now I still get the same result! Help!i checked the CPU and it doesn't look burnt at all so it didn't fry it. And it could t have been a bent pin because it worked fine prior to this!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problems
  1. Never mind the tomato .Wisdom is also about using paragraphs and not assuming casual readers can understand read your mind .

What hardware do you have?
    Why did you send RAM back?
    What was the set up when it did run?
  2. Windows and a bunch of programs were installed the graphics card, ram CPU and other stuff was obviously installed as well, and thanks for the advice lol. Case: Antec P280

This is my hardware, and I tested every ram slot unplugged everything other than the essentials and still the same problem!

Black ATX Mid Tower-97¥
    CPU: i7 3770k-300¥
    Gpu: Galaxy 67NPH6DV5ZVX GeForce GTX 670 GC 2GB-350¥
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77-180¥
    Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB-110¥
    Hard drive: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB-120¥
    Ssd: OCZ vertex 4 256gb-210
    Air cooling for CPU: noctua Nh-d14-70¥
    Power supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W gold plus-100¥
    Monitor: ASUS VS239H-P Black 23" 5ms ips -175
    Optical drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST-20¥
  3. Best answer
    Do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard so you can hear the BIOS beeps?

If not then gt one

You could also try resetting the BIOS . Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do that . But if you cant find it then remove the battery from the mb for 30 minutes , or so
  4. Thanks for the help I apreciate it! And I will try that now. So the CPU led is on does that mean that there is something wrong with the CPU or just that there is an error...
  5. Do you have the motherboard manual and does it address the lights?
  6. Do you have the 8 pin EPS motherboard connector plugged in to the mb?

and as jnkweaver says ..check your manual for advice on the LED error codes
  7. Ok I really don't know what got it to work, I tried a lot of dif stuff but it did work in the end! A miracle! Thank you for All the help!
  8. Best answer selected by Wallywaiting.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Windows 7 RAM Systems