Problems with my new pc

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hi I ljust built my pc about a week ago and loaded windows 7 onto it and it worked. I had sent some ram back to the manufacturer because it didn't work and I just received it today. I opened up the pc, put in the 1 new stick of ram and the pc didn't work. I switched the spot it was in and it did work! But before I had down that I without thinking unplugged the back of my pc because it wouldn't turn off... After I put the 3rd stick I it worked fine but once I put the 4th one in and restarted it all I get is a constant light by the CPU and then it turns on for about 3 secs then turns off and repeats itself... What could have happend?! I tried all the ram in one slot at a time and now I still get the same result! Help!i checked the CPU and it doesn't look burnt at all so it didn't fry it. And it could t have been a bent pin because it worked fine prior to this!

Solution
Do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard so you can hear the BIOS beeps?

If not then gt one

You could also try resetting the BIOS . Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do that . But if you cant find it then remove the battery from the mb for 30 minutes , or so

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Windows and a bunch of programs were installed the graphics card, ram CPU and other stuff was obviously installed as well, and thanks for the advice lol. Case: Antec P280

This is my hardware, and I tested every ram slot unplugged everything other than the essentials and still the same problem!

Black ATX Mid Tower-97¥
CPU: i7 3770k-300¥
Gpu: Galaxy 67NPH6DV5ZVX GeForce GTX 670 GC 2GB-350¥
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77-180¥
Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB-110¥
Hard drive: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB-120¥
Ssd: OCZ vertex 4 256gb-210
Air cooling for CPU: noctua Nh-d14-70¥
Power supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W gold plus-100¥
Monitor: ASUS VS239H-P Black 23" 5ms ips -175
Optical drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST-20¥

Do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard so you can hear the BIOS beeps?

If not then gt one

You could also try resetting the BIOS . Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do that . But if you cant find it then remove the battery from the mb for 30 minutes , or so

Solution

TRENDING THREADS