nokia 3410 - trying to remove message at beginning

hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from put
a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears, then says
T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I think that the
default is an animation of shaking hands.

I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or bring
back the shaking hands.

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 3410 remove message beginning

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > > hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from
    > > put a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears,
    > > then says T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I
    > > think that the default is an animation of shaking hands.
    > >
    > > I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or
    > > bring back the shaking hands.
    > >
    > > thanks
    >
    > Try Settings > Phone Settings > Welcome message.
    >
    > Delete the message.
    >
    > Ivor

    That worked
    thanks, that's fantastic. not only did I clear the message, but
    immediately after I cleared and saved the cleared message, the
    handshake appeared.

    Sounds like the start-up logo has been set to something else. Restoring
    Factory Settings will not chage this. The only way I know of is using some
    software such as "Logo Manager" and a cable.

    Chris
    <jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from put
    > a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears, then says
    > T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I think that the
    > default is an animation of shaking hands.
    >
    > I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or bring
    > back the shaking hands.
    >
    > thanks

    jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from
    > put a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears,
    > then says T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I
    > think that the default is an animation of shaking hands.
    >
    > I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or
    > bring back the shaking hands.
    >
    > thanks

    Try Settings > Phone Settings > Welcome message.

    Delete the message.

    Ivor

Nokia Factory Restore