nokia 3410 - trying to remove message at beginning

Last response: in Brands
February 26, 2005 1:56:51 PM

hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from put
a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears, then says
T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I think that the
default is an animation of shaking hands.

I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or bring
back the shaking hands.

thanks

More about : nokia 3410 remove message beginning

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 7:54:08 PM

Ivor Jones wrote:
> jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> > hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from
> > put a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears,
> > then says T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I
> > think that the default is an animation of shaking hands.
> >
> > I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or
> > bring back the shaking hands.
> >
> > thanks
>
> Try Settings > Phone Settings > Welcome message.
>
> Delete the message.
>
> Ivor

That worked
thanks, that's fantastic. not only did I clear the message, but
immediately after I cleared and saved the cleared message, the
handshake appeared.
February 26, 2005 10:20:11 PM

Sounds like the start-up logo has been set to something else. Restoring
Factory Settings will not chage this. The only way I know of is using some
software such as "Logo Manager" and a cable.

Chris
<jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> hi, I bought a nokia 3410 second hand, and the guy i bought it from put
> a message on at the beginning. It comes up then disappears, then says
> T-mobile. I want to remove the message he put there. I think that the
> default is an animation of shaking hands.
>
> I tried reset factory settings but it didn't get rid of it and/or bring
> back the shaking hands.
>
> thanks

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 11:01:32 PM