Sign in with
Your question

Chief Architect X5 needs better graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 21, 2012 2:19:02 PM

Nvidia GeForce FX5200 card currently in my computer running two monitors.

Chief Architect X5 would like as much as 1GB high performance video card.

Processor: Intel 2.8 gh pent 4
Motherboard: Intel D865GBF
Memory: 4gb
Operating system: Microsoft XP professional service pack 3

What can I replace it with that would come closer to 1GB or can I meet that with the current architecture of my motherboard which supports up to 8x AGP cards?
a b V Motherboard
November 21, 2012 2:30:16 PM

Your whole system sounds pretty week for a work station. Does any of it meet your software requirements?
November 21, 2012 3:41:07 PM

Dandy1488 said:
Nvidia GeForce FX5200 card currently in my computer running two monitors.

Chief Architect X5 would like as much as 1GB high performance video card.

Processor: Intel 2.8 gh pent 4
Motherboard: Intel D865GBF
Memory: 4gb
Operating system: Microsoft XP professional service pack 3

What can I replace it with that would come closer to 1GB or can I meet that with the current architecture of my motherboard which supports up to 8x AGP cards?

Upgrade the whole system. No reason to waste money on an AGP card.
Related resources
November 21, 2012 3:44:19 PM

Pentium 4? That CPU is going to bottleneck a lot of modern GPUs. And I don't think there are anymore recent AGP GPUs.
November 21, 2012 4:28:25 PM

ram1009 said:
Your whole system sounds pretty week for a work station. Does any of it meet your software requirements?

Chief Architect will operate with as little as a 2.4 gh processor. I was hoping to cripple along this winter with a slightly better system until the building season this spring and greater cash flow to allow system replacement.
a b V Motherboard
November 21, 2012 4:39:02 PM

Dandy1488 said:
Chief Architect will operate with as little as a 2.4 gh processor. I was hoping to cripple along this winter with a slightly better system until the building season this spring and greater cash flow to allow system replacement.

Sorry, I can't think of anything I'd spend money on for that system.
November 21, 2012 5:05:57 PM

It's not worth, any AGP card that you could find ( if you can find it ) will be too old and useless in a new system, AGP slot is outdated and not present in any new mobo
!