Thank You Very Much

lacdaddy916

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I've been in the business of building my first computer since November and finally did last night! :bounce:

I've been doing research since November on EVERYTHING about building a gaming PC and TomsHardware was my go-to site. Whenever i had questions i'd just search the forums and usually my question would have already been covered. I learned so much (but am DEFINITELY still a noob) about what I wanted in a PC and i have everyone on this site to thank for that. I appreciate your time. And thank you. Specs below.

DISCLAIMER: This was supposed to be a budget build for playing Starcraft I and II mainly. I'm 31 years old gimme a break! Please spare me with the whole "you shouldda" because in reality "i didn't."

AMD FX-6100 <- Yeah i know i know (STOCK COOLER -- ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS TO OVERCLOCK!)
Gigabyte 970A-D3 Mobo
16GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengance RAM
NZXT Tempest 210 Case
NZXT Fan controller
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
WesternDigital Caviar 7200 RPM SATA3 500GB HDD
***Sapphire Radeon 5450 (if you're laughing i'd keep reading)***
***Ultra 700 Power Supply (see above)***
3x120mm NZXT Case Fans
1x140mm NZXT Case Fan

This was what i purchased and planned to put together. As luck would have it (depending on your angle) a co-worker of mine gave me a brand new sealed in the box BFG GeForce GTX 295. Which in turn made me change my power supply to a Corsair CX750M because the Ultra 700 didn't have enough amperage on the +12v rail. I told you i did my homework.

What was most important to me: The Case and Airflow! I spent about 3 days researching on airflow and exhaust vs. intake. I needed/wanted a case to fit into my budget but also give me excellent airflow and the Tempest 210 fit the bill. The cable management is 8/10 as well. I puchased the NZXT Fan Controller to assist my case with airflow and the ability for the user to control the fan speed. I love the darn thing. Right now i have 2 120mm intake fans in the front of the case, 1 120mm exhaust fan in the rear, 2 140mm exhaust fans at the top. Not to mention the 80mm heatsink fan and the GTX 295 Fan. My case is very open. And temps are good (30c i think)

Wishes: I wish my case had more front panel USBs. It only has one which sux! My darn MOBO doesn't support the front I/O panel USB 3.0. I wish i would have gotten a Mobo with a better BIOS. Not a deal breaker really. And ran out of black SATA3 cables and had to use a red one :fou: doesn't match anything in my case. Also this board is ATX but only used 7 of the standoffs. I spent 20 minutes checking and rechecking and checking again to see if i missed one or two and i didn't.

All in all i got what i wanted. A super fast system IMO. Pretty good Windows Scores 7.3 because of my processor. Everything else is a 7.5 to 7.7. I get to play Starcraft on Ultra settings and i have you guys to thank. Thank you so much again for reading and good luck!

Solution
Not bad!

So long as your happy with the performance and it performs according to your needs, it's a good build in my book.

Congratulations! :)