Need Checkup on First Gaming PC Build

ItsErwinsFault

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Edit: Okay, I've taken some of your recommendations and changed around my build. I'm pretty satisfied with its current state and am now just looking:
- to check if it's all compatible(does the GPU fit in the case, are there things missing in the mobo, etc.), and...
- to check if my power supply is sufficient for my system.

The current build:
Again, I'm not interested much in changes, just making a compatibility check and checking whether my PSU is sufficient enough.
And yes, my budget is still around $1100, but remember I still need to purchase OS, monitor, keyboard, etc.

Previous post, in case it's needed for reference:
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next two weeks

Budget Range: $800-$1,100 Before Rebates; After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the web

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg and Amazon

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, SeaSonic PSU

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: Preferably 1920 x 1080, but I can also manage with 1600 x 900

Additional Comments: Need checkup on parts compatibility and advice or recommendations on my build. First PC I will be building, basic knowledge of picking computer parts, trying to stick to budget and pick parts worth the most for the money.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Looking to build brand new gaming PC.

Hello and nice to meet you guys from the Tom's Hardware community. I'm making my first post here today regarding a gaming PC I've recently been looking to build. This will be the first PC I've ever built and I've looked up many forum threads and guides on picking PC parts. I'm looking to build a PC on a budget of around $1,000 that will give the the most value for my money. I've more or less decided on the parts of my PC based on recommendations and reviews for each part:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vWws
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vWws/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vWws/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($127.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($76.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($88.53 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $900.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-04 23:12 EST-0500)

PCPartPicker says that for the most part, all the parts are compatible with each other. Can I get some verification on this? Are some of my parts missing things another part needs, etc.?

PCPartPicker also says I have a minor issue with my mobo having a USB 3.0 header but my case doesn't have front panel USB 3.0 ports. Will this be a big deal? Is there a way around the problem without switching to another case that has the USB 3.0 ports?

Finally, I chose a SeaSonic PSU based on JonnyGURU's excellent reviews on them, and the PSU I chose specifically was based more on price. Do you think it is good enough to support my system?

Feel free to make any recommendations on parts you think should be replaced for another, and a reason why. Thanks for your time and any advice/recommendations, and sorry for the long post!

ItsErwinsFault

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

I've seen other PC builds also have an extra, smaller hard drive in addition to the larger hard drive. I figured this is done out of convenience to keep all your important stuff on the larger hard drive, but can anyone verify?

Edit: Nevermind, I just googled and read up on SSD's and HDD's.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Just for Gaming and Surfing?
Not much need for 3570k. Save up and get a better Performaning Computer at that Range

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($384.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($51.52 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($88.53 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $924.54
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

ItsErwinsFault

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Okay, I've taken some of your recommendations and changed around my build. I'm pretty satisfied with its current state and am now just looking:
- to check if it's all compatible(does the GPU fit in the case, are there things missing in the mobo, etc.), and...
- to check if my power supply is sufficient for my system.

The current build:
Again, I'm not interested much in changes, just making a compatibility check and checking whether my PSU is sufficient enough.
And yes, my budget is still around $1100, but remember I still need to purchase OS, monitor, keyboard, etc.