Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Router loses wireless connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 5, 2012 2:16:05 PM

Hello,
I have a wireless router that drops wireless connection, but not the wired connection. I have tried 3 different routers, different modem, different channels, different wireless broadcast (n, g, b,). When it drops the internet, you can not go back and scan for it and find your connection, but can see everyone else around you. Any ideas?
January 19, 2012 5:42:26 PM

If you have tried 3 different routers then I don't think it's an issue with the router. It sounds like an issue with the wireless device you are connecting to the router from. Also you need to take into consideration the distance and objects between the device you are trying to connect and the router.
m
l
January 26, 2012 6:49:44 PM

skaz said:
If you have tried 3 different routers then I don't think it's an issue with the router. It sounds like an issue with the wireless device you are connecting to the router from. Also you need to take into consideration the distance and objects between the device you are trying to connect and the router.

I have solved the problem. It was the internal wireless card in the laptop that I was having issues with. I disabled the wireless adapter and installed a usb wireless adapter and have not heard of any problems since! Thanks for your input! I hope this helps someone else out in the future--
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 27, 2012 3:45:19 AM

Yeah, wireless device aka internal wireless card in the laptop ;)  Glad you figured it out.
February 6, 2012 2:22:51 PM

Best answer selected by midstate.
m
l
!