XP-Pro-SP2 - Hibernate - Application popup: Windows - Syst..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.winlogo (More info?)

Hello,

I am using IBM T42 laptop computer, Windows XP Professional + Service Pack
2, 1.5G Memory, 3G free disk space.

Sometimes when I try to hibernate (One of 3 tries) I get the following
message:
Application popup: Windows - System Error : Insufficient system resources
exist to complete the API.

I found a post sp1 fix for this issue... but SP2 should have already
resolved it.
( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330909 )

I've seen that others have this problem but could not find a fix.

Does anyone have a clue of how to solve this issue?

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.
5 answers Last reply
More about hibernate application popup windows syst

    What reply you received from IBM support?

    --PA

    "msnews.microsoft.com" <alon@xor-t.com> wrote in message news:#NIz1#WDFHA.2032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using IBM T42 laptop computer, Windows XP Professional + Service Pack
    > 2, 1.5G Memory, 3G free disk space.
    >
    > Sometimes when I try to hibernate (One of 3 tries) I get the following
    > message:
    > Application popup: Windows - System Error : Insufficient system resources
    > exist to complete the API.
    >
    > I found a post sp1 fix for this issue... but SP2 should have already
    > resolved it.
    > ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330909 )
    >
    > I've seen that others have this problem but could not find a fix.
    >
    > Does anyone have a clue of how to solve this issue?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Alon Bar-Lev.

    Hello Pavel,

    Since there was a hotfix for Windows XP that dealt with this, I figured out
    that Microsoft is the correct address for this issue.

    Best Regards,
    Alon Bar-Lev.

    "Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message
    > What reply you received from IBM support?
    >
    > --PA
    >
    > "msnews.microsoft.com" <alon@xor-t.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am using IBM T42 laptop computer, Windows XP Professional + Service
    >> Pack
    >> 2, 1.5G Memory, 3G free disk space.
    >>
    >> Sometimes when I try to hibernate (One of 3 tries) I get the following
    >> message:
    >> Application popup: Windows - System Error : Insufficient system resources
    >> exist to complete the API.
    >>
    >> I found a post sp1 fix for this issue... but SP2 should have already
    >> resolved it.
    >> ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330909 )
    >>
    >> I've seen that others have this problem but could not find a fix.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a clue of how to solve this issue?
    >>
    >> Best Regards,
    >> Alon Bar-Lev.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.winlogo (More info?)

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 01:49:47 +0200, "msnews.microsoft.com"
    <alon@xor-t.com> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >

    >Sometimes when I try to hibernate (One of 3 tries) I get the following
    >message:
    >Application popup: Windows - System Error : Insufficient system resources
    >exist to complete the API.

    >Does anyone have a clue of how to solve this issue?

    Alon,

    Hibernate never really worked well and I never recommend it as
    sometimes the pc will never wake from hibernate without using a cold
    boot

    Tim D. more than 16 years in the IT field but I must be crazy
    Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
    is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
    make messes in the house. -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.winlogo (More info?)

    Apparently, this message happens when you have more than 1 GB of
    memory only.

    I would be very happy to know how to solve it.

    Tim D. <Tim D@/dev/null.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 01:49:47 +0200, "msnews.microsoft.com"
    ><alon@xor-t.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>

    >>Sometimes when I try to hibernate (One of 3 tries) I get the following
    >>message:
    >>Application popup: Windows - System Error : Insufficient system resources
    >>exist to complete the API.
    >
    >>Does anyone have a clue of how to solve this issue?
    >
    >Alon,
    >
    >Hibernate never really worked well and I never recommend it as
    >sometimes the pc will never wake from hibernate without using a cold
    >boot
    >
    >Tim D. more than 16 years in the IT field but I must be crazy
    >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
    >is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
    >make messes in the house. -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

    Thanks
    Juan I. Cahis
    Santiago de Chile (South America)
    Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.winlogo (More info?)

    Try to divide more disk space to c,maybe will be efficiency
    "Juan I. Cahis" <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net>
    ??????:tqi7f19fpjh7pbgthqh79u533ts2jbjond@4ax.com...

    Tim D. <Tim D@/dev/null.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 01:49:47 +0200, "msnews.microsoft.com"
    ><alon@xor-t.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>

    >>Sometimes when I try to hibernate (One of 3 tries) I get the following
    >>message:
    >>Application popup: Windows - System Error : Insufficient system resources
    >>exist to complete the API.
    >
    >>Does anyone have a clue of how to solve this issue?
    >
    >Alon,
    >
    >Hibernate never really worked well and I never recommend it as
    >sometimes the pc will never wake from hibernate without using a cold
    >boot
    >
    >Tim D. more than 16 years in the IT field but I must be crazy
    >Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
    >is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
    >make messes in the house. -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

    Thanks
    Juan I. Cahis
    Santiago de Chile (South America)
    Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

Drivers Hibernate Microsoft Windows XP