Sign in with
Your question

Second Opinion on Configuration

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2013 5:35:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Im a noob trying to build my own computer for architecture, animation and graphics purposes so RHINO, GRASSHOPPER, MAYA, ADOBE SUITE, VRAY, MENTAL RAY, 3DS MAX etc.

I have a flexible budget but here is my pick so far based off what is also available in the indian market. I am still deciding options for some components and have separated by a comma:

_CPU - Intel i7-3820, 3770K, 3930K
_MOTHERBOARD - Intel DX79TO, DX79SR
_GRAPHICS CARD - NVIDIA Quadro 2000
_MEMORY - Corsair Dominator 24GB DDR triple channel (this might be just too much so I just might get 16GB instead)
_CHASIS - CoolerMaster Tempest 410 Elite, Antec 600

The rest of the components and parts, optical drives, audio, display etc would be standard.

I am wondering if there are any loopholes that i am unaware of and should pay closer attention to. Is this a good setup for my semi-professional purposes? Are there any compatibility issues I should be looking at. I chose the CPU and the MotherBoard based off the LGA2011 socket compatibility. I was also looking at ASUS Sabertooth and Extreme Rampage MotherBoards but they start getting a bit too pricey.

Thanks

More about : opinion configuration

January 5, 2013 5:43:58 AM

The i7-3770K is not a lga2011 processor so must be rmeoved from the list, it's a mainstream lga1155 cpu.
The lga2011 is quad channel for memory, you're better to swap out that triple channel kit for a 16GB OR 32GB quad channel kit.

That's the obvious out of the way. I may come back for more.
m
l
January 5, 2013 7:51:42 AM

Thanks Paul,

Ill look into the quad channel 16GB kit. Most probably Corsair.

I read somewhere about the compatibility issues with the graphics card and the mother board.

Would the Quadro 2000 work alright with the DX79TO or DX79SR motherboard?

Any thoughts?

m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2013 8:45:01 AM

The short answer is, it should.

But as I have no experience with the Quattro graphics cards and I generally go for motherboards from other manufacturers, because there are more features on them, I cannot say for sure.

But, again, I'll say it should. This is because in todays world most of the compatibilty issues come down to drivers and power supply, and I don't see either being a problem here.
m
l
January 5, 2013 11:50:57 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
!