How do you handle duplicates.

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 3, 2005 3:52:42 AM

Hi all..

I know I have about 800 duplicate photos on my pc through poor management on
my behalf. However, I am using ACDsee 6.0 and if you search for dupes in the
same folder you have to manually select each one to delete them.

Does anyone have a better application they use to remove duplicates?

Thanks
Steve

More about : handle duplicates

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:52:43 AM

"Steve Franklin" <honkey@lips.com> wrote in message
> Hi all..
>
> I know I have about 800 duplicate photos on my pc through poor management
> on my behalf. However, I am using ACDsee 6.0 and if you search for dupes
> in the same folder you have to manually select each one to delete them.
>

> Does anyone have a better application they use to remove duplicates?
>

> Thanks
> Steve

Did you accidentally move the mouse when you were selecting a number of
photos causing a bunch of dupes? If so, the dupes should start with "Copy
of...." Just alphabetize them and the dupes should group together.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 11:28:36 AM

Steve Franklin wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> I know I have about 800 duplicate photos on my pc through poor management on
> my behalf. However, I am using ACDsee 6.0 and if you search for dupes in the
> same folder you have to manually select each one to delete them.
>

> Does anyone have a better application they use to remove duplicates?

ThumbsPlus <http://cerious.com/&gt; has facilities for searching for
duplictates (or similar) images, manually comparing, deleting, etc.
July 4, 2005 9:00:58 PM

In article <42c69c29$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, honkey@lips.com says...

>Hi all..
>
>I know I have about 800 duplicate photos on my pc through poor management on
>my behalf. However, I am using ACDsee 6.0 and if you search for dupes in the
>same folder you have to manually select each one to delete them.
>

>Does anyone have a better application they use to remove duplicates?
>

>Thanks
>Steve

ThumbsPlus (www.cerious.com) can search your entire system, and will find
dupes, that have been cropped, color corrected, re-named. It is not freeware,
but is worth every $.

Hunt
!