Printer driver 'File not found'

I have been trying to install a printer driver I created but run into a
stange problem. If I connect via USB the 'Add Hardware Wizzard' starts up and
the dirver installs ok. If I delete the printer and driver in the 'Servers
Properties' and I try to install via 'Add a printer' I get to a point where
files are being installed, and then get an error message that a .dll file
cannot be found, and to browse for the file. I browse for the file, which is
loacted with all the other printer dirver files, and installtion continues
and finishes without any problem. I have tried this also with other printers
and dirvers.
What could be causing my .dll file not to be found, especially if it located
in the same directory with the other printer driver files?

See the SourceDisksFiles section of your inf file. It has an option to
specify the Subdirectory for all the files. In your case since the files are
in the same folder where your inf is, Subdirectory option shouldn't be there
in the SourceDisksFiles section.
(See DDK for the details)

-Nitin

"about display names" <about display names@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:8615FAC9-7148-4C81-9E28-3005177A8FF1@microsoft.com...

"Nitin" <nitinp@noida.hcltech.com> wrote in message
: See the SourceDisksFiles section of your inf file. It has an option to
: specify the Subdirectory for all the files. In your case since the files
are
: in the same folder where your inf is, Subdirectory option shouldn't be
there
: in the SourceDisksFiles section.
: (See DDK for the details)
:
: -Nitin
:

I agree with you. The printer setup dialog gave the user too much freedom to
browse through directory, if mismatched driver is installed then the whole
thing fails.