Solved

New build - bios has been reset

Hi, first I'm sorry if I'm not posting this in the good section, I wasn't sure where to post this.

I am building my first computer and I am doing the *external build* method. I have put everything into place, I plug in my psu to the cpu, to the graphic card and to the 24pin on my motherboard and turn my motherboard on.

Everything seems to work fine, I get a beep from the speaker but I get A6 on the led debug codes. And This appears on my monitor:

Bios Has been reset - Please decide how to continue
-Load optimized defaults then boot
-Load optimized defaults then reboot
-Enter bios

Have I did something wrong? Is the A6 code normal? And what should I click between the 3 options on my monitor? Any advices appreciated, thanks.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build bios reset
  1. Best answer
    One beep means your system has posted (completed the power on self test).
    Don't know what A6 means. Look up your motherboard manual for codes.
    I would just load optimized defaults then reboot. See what happens.
    You will want to start out with optimized defaults set in the bios anyway with a fresh system.
  2. Alright thanks, I"l click on that. Also A6 means *Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices* , I don't know what it means?
  3. Would be easier to answer with some details of your build, like mobo model. It sound like the mobo has a build in SCSI controller and is searching for connected devices, preferable bootable disks or raid arrays.
  4. Best answer selected by jeremie4159.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product