Build for my dad, offline gaming

My dad has always been a military buff. I remember him playing old jet fighter games when I was growing up. He recently got an iPad for work and I saw him playing a handful of jet fighter games and shooters. I had just finished my new build so I showed him bf3 while he was visiting. He seemed really excited so I'm kicking around the idea of a budget build for him. He'll only be playing the campaigns so I'll only need enough power and processing for offline play. I'm figuring a lower end i5, 560 or 660 or ati?, mobo?, psu? What would you recommend for his needs? He'll need internet for normal usage so I'll be adding a wifi card to hook up to their old (and slow) dsl through a downstairs router.

He''ll be a simple user-no oc and won't fiddle with drivers or even many in-game settings. I'd like something that I can setup and have him be set for most games. I won't be around to tweak things for him.

I'm willing to buy used and value is the goal since he is far from an enthusiast. Assume he'll be playing on a mid-lower end 1080p tn monitor. Mostly FPS campaigns (Battlefield(s) and COD(s) since that is what I already own)

Thanks for the help!
4 answers Last reply
More about build offline gaming
  1. These were perfect. The 400 link at the beginning should be plenty. Thanks!
  2. Alright! Hope your dad has fun playing BF3.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems