Sign in with
Your question

Extra cooling? PSU?

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2013 8:52:08 PM

Hello, I have been looking around gather parts for my custom gaming pc. I am down to the case, which I am aimed at a cooler master haf 922. With that, I am wondering if I need any further cooling, besides the three fans in the case.

The rest of the parts are
I7-3770k
EVGA Gefore gtx 670
8 gb of ram, DDR3 2x4 gb, 1.5 v
Asus p8z77-v pro
Cooler master haf 922
WD 1td 7200 rpm 64 mb cache

With that, would you recommend more cooling? Also, what power supply and how much power?

-thanks

More about : extra cooling psu

January 5, 2013 9:01:55 PM

gamepc11 said:
Hello, I have been looking around gather parts for my custom gaming pc. I am down to the case, which I am aimed at a cooler master haf 922. With that, I am wondering if I need any further cooling, besides the three fans in the case.

The rest of the parts are
I7-3770k
EVGA Gefore gtx 670
8 gb of ram, DDR3 2x4 gb, 1.5 v
Asus p8z77-v pro
Cooler master haf 922
WD 1td 7200 rpm 64 mb cache

With that, would you recommend more cooling? Also, what power supply and how much power?

-thanks

A good 700w from Corsair or Seasonic.

An h100i heatsink

And also, I'm not good with CM cases, but I believe the haf922 has an ugly grey interior no? If it does, you might like a Corsair case better.

You're going to want atleast one fan pushing air in the front, and 1 pulling air out the back, the case should come with those, but keep in mind that aftermarket fans preform better and are much quieter than the PoS fans they put in cases (excluding Corsair cases because they actually put half decent ones in them)
m
l
January 5, 2013 9:10:12 PM

austing said:
A good 700w from Corsair or Seasonic.

An h100i heatsink

And also, I'm not good with CM cases, but I believe the haf922 has an ugly grey interior no? If it does, you might like a Corsair case better.

You're going to want atleast one fan pushing air in the front, and 1 pulling air out the back, the case should come with those, but keep in mind that aftermarket fans preform better and are much quieter than the PoS fans they put in cases (excluding Corsair cases because they actually put half decent ones in them)

Okay thanks. And sorry but I'm still relatively new to this but the water cooler will go over the CPU and then a new fan will replace the stock one that comes with the case?
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2013 9:11:29 PM

http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/...

has better cable management. also you can put in two fans to pull hot air out of the top of the case. if not the top of the case is open to let hot air rise out of the case. other then liquid cooler there are some good fan coolers. look at toms hardware look at the new sealed units.
m
l
January 5, 2013 9:12:46 PM

I like the Fractal Design cases. They have the room for the radiators and have nice fans.
m
l
January 5, 2013 9:13:13 PM

gamepc11 said:
Okay thanks. And sorry but I'm still relatively new to this but the water cooler will go over the CPU and then a new fan will replace the stock one that comes with the case?

the radiator mounts to the top of the case (the case will need to have 2 120mm fan mounts to do this with an h100) And two fans will attach to the radiator.

From the radiator 2 water pipes (flexible) will go to a pump and block that attacthes to the processor with mounting screws.
m
l
January 5, 2013 9:36:48 PM

smorizio said:
http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/...

has better cable management. also you can put in two fans to pull hot air out of the top of the case. if not the top of the case is open to let hot air rise out of the case. other then liquid cooler there are some good fan coolers. look at toms hardware look at the new sealed units.

Thanks for the tower recommendation I looked at it and it looks great. I'll probably go with that one. Thanks
m
l
!