How do i get the game on 2 Displays

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 21, 2012 11:49:26 PM

how do i get the game on 2 Displays with 1 video card gtx 550

More about : game displays

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2012 12:14:03 AM

if you just want to display the same thing on 2 screens (Mirror) then just connect another monitor up and set it into clone or mirror mode

if you want to strecth the game over 2 screens.........you cannot with your current hardware unfortunatly.
nvidia surround requires 2 GTX 5xx series cards in SLI to operate.

you could use something like SoftTH but its not great.

Also the 550ti is going to struggle playing at such high resolutions.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 87 U Graphics card
November 22, 2012 1:25:51 AM

The other thing is that gaming with 2 displays is about the dumbest thing you can do - the center of the screen, which is where you want to be focusing most of your attention, will be split in two, with large frames in between. That could get REAL confusing, real fast.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2012 1:54:26 AM

DarkSable said:
The other thing is that gaming with 2 displays is about the dumbest thing you can do - the center of the screen, which is where you want to be focusing most of your attention, will be split in two, with large frames in between. That could get REAL confusing, real fast.

This is not true for some games. For example, for supreme commander 2, you can have one screen be the main game screen and the other be the strategy map. It really depends on the game supporting 2 monitors. I run supreme commander 2 on 2 screens using one GTX 580.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 22, 2012 2:21:09 AM

most games dont supprt it. It would be great if something like starcraft 2 let you use 2 monitors so you can keep better track of units.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2012 2:37:55 AM

I actually tried playing Bioshock on two screens. It was really confusing because everything I was trying to focus on was split in half right down the middle and separated by two bezels plus a small gap between the monitor edges. It's not really a good way to play a game.
m
l
November 23, 2012 5:10:38 AM

Best answer selected by pjg.
m
l
November 23, 2012 6:06:49 AM

HugoStiglitz said:
if you just want to display the same thing on 2 screens (Mirror) then just connect another monitor up and set it into clone or mirror mode

if you want to strecth the game over 2 screens.........you cannot with your current hardware unfortunatly.
nvidia surround requires 2 GTX 5xx series cards in SLI to operate.

you could use something like SoftTH but its not great.

Also the 550ti is going to struggle playing at such high resolutions.

i play pirates online in window mode and that less me strech the window to the ather display but i have to pert the resolutions on 1st display 1920x1080 2ced display 2078x1127 then line up the positoin then when i have it just right it works good.

i thank you all
m
l
!