SPECS FOR NOTEBOOK HD VIDEO EDITING 2013

G

First of all, i live in México.
Hola

I want to know what specs are necessary to have in a laptop for HD video editing maybe 2k resolution. I'll be working with DSRL footage and AVCHD.
I don't know if in the moment of editing the processor is the one making all the job or is it the RAM or the GPU...I just simply don't want a MacBook Pro.

I've seen MSI, Asus, Origin and they look good. I will be working with all the adobe suite, the nvidia gtx 675m or 680m seems to have the cuda cores for fast rendering, I guess. I also will be playing games in occasionally. It will be like 90% editing 10% gaming. Shipping to where I live is important also warranty.
The cooling system must be excelent because I live in a tropic, hot and humid place. My top budget is $2150 dollars or please tell me what's the best i can get for that budget.

My dream laptop it's one which I can work very smoothly in my workflow, fast renderings in high resolutions, timelines, color corrections, After Effects, Premiere Pro. I would like a gtx gpu so I can play some games once in a while. Please help me :)

Here are some links to see whats best for me and for my money :)

bit.ly/103SEhV

bit.ly/XwGYm1

bit.ly/WkVsig

i saw in a store a Asus G75V Republic Of Gamers with:

Intel i7 3610QM 2.3Mhz to 3.3 Mhz with TurboBoost and HyperThreading, Virtual 8 Cores
Nvidia GTX 670M 3gb DDR5
HDD 1Tb 5400rpm
8Gb Ram
will this do the trick?

I would appreciate all answers thanks and happy new year :)

Muchas Gracias

id just get a desktop if you want speed. a laptop doesnt squat if you are doing this for a long time.

i can tell you what to look for a in a laptop though. you need a i7 quad core, 16 or more gb of ram, and prefereably above a gtx 660m.

just keep in mind you can get double the performance if you get a desktop

g-unit1111

Titan

The thing you have to remember is that laptop GPUs are in no way shape or form in equivalent to their desktop counterparts. Here's an older article that explains why: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6990m-geforce-gtx-580m-deception,3118.html

I'd recommend a GTX 670 or 680 but that depends on if you're running Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. If you post the store you're buying from that will help to suggest parts - if you don't know one check the link in my signature.

007DILDO

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Hi, I'm on the same boat as the mexican up top. Need a new PC for HD video editing..
This is the cheapest 16gb i7 that i could find..Could you confirm that it's suitable for strenuous over editing.
Thanks.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sphere-Desktop-PC-Intel-Core-i7-Quad-Core-3770-3-4GHz-16GB-DDR3-500GB-HDD-/321089731239?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item4ac2707aa7#ht_2335wt_1396

It partly depends on the editing software you're using and the types of videos you want to create.

Also if you're buying a PC, it's a good idea to get as much use out of it as possible - not just for video editing.

For 1080 movies, I'd go for more storage space. HDDs are cheap. A 2TB drive should cost you about $100. And I'd go for a BluRay burner instead of just a DVD burner. This would cost about another $50.

I think the CPU is a good one (i7 3770) and 16GB RAM is good - though I don't know why they say it runs at 1333MHz; most run at a default of 1600MHz.

I'd also go for as good a GPU?Graphics card as you can afford because most modern video editing packages use the CUDA cores in the GTX cards (or Open GL in the Radeon cards). You need to check.

And finally, if you are using the PC a lot, I'd recommend putting the operating system on a SSD - so the PC fires up quickly. If you get a 120GB or less SSD, you'll need to move the Users directories to a HDD so you don't fill up the SSD and stop it working.

Oh - also check that the case can cool components well enough. Video editing can make the CPU and GPUs heat up a fair bit. Bigger cases cool better.

TRENDING THREADS