IBuyPower system

kearon

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys so I have gone back and forth about building a system or buying one and becuase of time restraints being in college and stuff I decided to build that perfect machine later in life. That being said I wanted a decent PC that could handle current games and was future proofed to a degree, after looking around I found this which I thought was a pretty nice deal:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=6979796&searchpage=true&_requestid=166999

It is $850 has the GTX 660 and i5 processor I wanted, is pre-built and actually seems to be a little less than the components I had lined up to do for myself (yes I notice the motherboard doesn't have USB 3.0, HD is a little smaller but all in all seemed to be what I was looking to do myself).

My only hesitation was Windows 8!!! I hear it is awful but can i backwards upgrade (not sure of the technical term forgive me) to Windows 7 or will should I just suffer and Windows 8 won't cripple my gaming?

Also anything I might not catch on the model? It seems like the perfect match for what I was looking for, just wanted to ask some people more knowledgeable than I
Thanks!

abbadon_34

Distinguished
You're link isn't showup for me, but as a general rule I would check the PSU, prebuilt systems usually cheap on them. As for win8, you can't downgrade to Win7, but being a new system, and problem filled with preinstalled junk anyways, you could just install win7 fresh. Otherwise, I'm sure plenty of people will say 8 isn't so bad and you'll get use to it.