Sign in with
Your question

R6770 Not Working with 3 Screens (2x DVI, 1xDSP)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2012 1:34:37 AM

Hello,
Lately I have been interested in 3 screens with my Radeon R6770 Core Edition. I have 2 Acer G21.5's, and one Insignia 29' TV.

My connections are as follows:

Acer1: DVI>>>>Screen (Not Working)
Acer2: DVI>>>>DVI>VGA>>>>Screen (Working)
TV: DSP>HDMI>>>>TV (Working,Main)

However, whenever I try to enable my 3rd screen, CCC (AMD VISION Engine Control Center) says: "To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled". I have met all the requirements for 3 displays.

Do you see whats wrong? Sorry if it is a simple mistake on my part.

Thanks,
Ryan EK

PS: The box specifically that this card will work with up to 3 screens.

More about : r6770 working screens dvi 1xdsp

a b x TV
November 22, 2012 2:39:54 AM

By using the DVI to VGA adapter, you made that an analog connection. All three connections must be digital for them to work at the same time.

Otherwise, you will only be able to support 2 displays.
m
l
November 22, 2012 2:41:46 AM

COLGeek said:
By using the DVI to VGA adapter, you made that an analog connection. All three connections must be digital for them to work at the same time.

Otherwise, you will only be able to support 2 displays.

So all I need to do is get a straight DVI cable, and should work? When I get a hold of a Cable, I will have to try this.
m
l
Related resources
November 22, 2012 11:00:03 AM

Hello,
I tried a straight DVI cable. However, I'm still getting the same error, and can't set 3 screens.
m
l
November 22, 2012 12:05:08 PM

COLGeek said:
Check this link for more info:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefini...

I have met all the requirements according to that page. Now my setup is:
DVI>>>>Screen
DVI>>>>Screen
DSP>HDMI>>>>TV

I can't see the issue. The DSP to HDMI should not be an issue because my gpu has the DSP built in, and just goes to HDMI. The DSP is working, however with my TV.
m
l
November 22, 2012 12:16:48 PM

The DVI to VGA is fine, though if you now have it DVI to DVI that's even better. Both are considered analog/legacy signals. You can have 2 legacy signals and the last one MUST be displayport.

If the Displayport to HDMI adapter is not an active adapter/cable, the third monitor/TV will not work. Unless DP is connected directly from your card to the screen, you have to use an active adapter to convert the signal.
m
l
November 22, 2012 1:01:45 PM

Thank you very much. I will try that solution.
m
l
November 22, 2012 7:09:02 PM

Would this one work?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Active-DisplayPort-DP-source-to...

I'm just desperate to get this working. Whats the difference between a Passive and Active adapter? I don't really see the difference, but just would like to know.

If you guys think that ones good, I will go ahead and purchase it.
m
l
a b x TV
November 22, 2012 11:40:08 PM

Yes, the active adapter should work. The issue is a matter of digital timing. If you scanned the FAQ link sent earlier, it would help you to understand the basics of how Eyefinity works.

Good luck!
m
l
!