Which Radeon 7870?

So i've come down to my last piece of hardware i need to buy for my gaming rig, ive chosen the radeon 7870 since it has great benchmarks and is at a very affordable price but which brand should i go with?

i was looking at the HIS IQ 189 AR 11.6"

&

The XFX Double D 229.99 AR 9.5"

So im not sure which to go with, i wanna go with the HIS because its a good 40 dollars cheaper. but I'm worried about this size & reliability will it fit in this case? i assume that its the 18.1" i would be looking at for how much room i have?

20.6"-8.1"-18.1"

(http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Black-Steel-Chassis-921RB-BL/dp/B004351H9G/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header)

also if anyone knows of a cooler case that has LED's post a link preferably under $70
18 answers Last reply
More about which radeon 7870
  1. help please anybody?:)
  2. Regarding the graphics card, I would just go for the HIS. It's much cheaper and does a fine job. Apparently the Double D cooler on that XFX one is actually meant to be pretty poor.

    Regarding a cool case with LEDs, I would recommend the Zalman z11 Plus. I own this case myself and I think it looks pretty awesome.
  3. Sapphire or Asus.

    Both are great and personally i recomend Asus DcII

    Quiet and cooler.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7870_Direct_Cu_II/30.html
  4. prototype18 said:
    Sapphire or Asus.

    Both are great and personally i recomend Asus DcII

    Quiet and cooler.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7870_Direct_Cu_II/30.html


    think the noise level can be that much different? like where i would have to turn my computer sound so high to drown it out? Also with the temperature issue, another fan cost $30 wouldn't that be enough to suffice for idle and OC heat.

    My girlfriend is buying my GPU for christmas and i feel guilty asking for an MSI or Sapphire since i know there are cheaper options :p

    thanks for the help everyone
  5. Than MSI only TF. Or if u cant get money get sapphire.Sapphire is a good card :)
    I still recomend asus :p

    About the case a antec 300/ or a case that i like Haf 912+ ?
  6. get the sapphire or an HIS IceQ x2
  7. the only big difference is the Effective Memory Clock

    - on the cheap one its 1250MHz.
    - the expensive one is 4800MHz

    which will not be a big deal in gaming performance.
  8. @ mrdowntowekiller

    Memory clock is nearly the same. U are wrong.

    The 4800Mhz is written in DDR (stock speed)
    And the 1250 is written in DDR5 (and its 50 Mhz more than the other one)

    So get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983

    Its a great deal for the price. No need to spend more money on that.
  9. prototype18 said:
    @ mrdowntowekiller

    Memory clock is nearly the same. U are wrong.

    The 4800Mhz is written in DDR (stock speed)
    And the 1250 is written in DDR5 (and its 50 Mhz more than the other one)

    So get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983

    Its a great deal for the price. No need to spend more money on that.


    okay cool thanks! i just hope i don't get a lemon like everyone else :P atleast i can always return it.
  10. Hool said:
    okay cool thanks! i just hope i don't get a lemon like everyone else :P atleast i can always return it.


    Lool. U will be ok with that card. It will do everything u will ask it to do !
  11. prototype18 said:
    Lool. U will be ok with that card. It will do everything u will ask it to do !


    oh i know that sapphire makes good cards and what not, its just this specific card a decent amount of the reviews were saying DOA
  12. Well if u have that Lemon luck :p Im not in the card that newegg will send you so i cant tell you for sure that it will work , no one can know.

    But if it will work it will be a great card for that price so try it. Or if u want u can add more $ and get an Asus one ;)

    But IMO get that sapphire
  13. prototype18 said:
    Well if u have that Lemon luck :p Im not in the card that newegg will send you so i cant tell you for sure that it will work , no one can know.

    But if it will work it will be a great card for that price so try it. Or if u want u can add more $ and get an Asus one ;)

    But IMO get that sapphire


    kk cool lol getting the rest of my build christmas day so i hope everything works lol don't want to build everything to not be able to use it :P. I wanna do a stop motion video of my build, think that would be interesting at all?
  14. Hool said:
    help please anybody?:)

    Don't...

    Bump posts


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
  15. my bad i should've read forum rules before posting
  16. Hool said:
    my bad i should've read forum rules before posting

    Yes you should have, please don't do it again. ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics Product