5 beeps in POST "cpu or memory change press f1 to run setup and run f2

Tags:
  • New Build
  • CPUs
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2013 2:58:17 AM

Hey all

I am building a new system with an amd a10 5800k, and MSI fm2 a75ma e35 motherboard, and 2 x 4 gb g. skill rip jaw ram. When I did the external build to POST, I got 5 beeps, and a message on screen that says "cpu or memory change press f1 to run setup and press f2 to load default values and continue" I have read in other threads that 5 beeps generally means a cpu failure, but I was curious since there was still information displayed on the monitor. I found no mention of POST beep codes in my mobo's manual. Any information about what could be happening or what to do next would be appreciated. Thanks!

More about : beeps post cpu memory change press run setup run

January 24, 2013 3:44:00 AM

Hi dagsyo,

Did you find out what the problem is? I'm having the same issue; getting the "Press F1 to enter setup" message but nothing happens after I press it. I'm not getting any beeps though.

I'm also doing a new build with the A10-5800K and FM2-A75MA-E35 board, 2x4GB PNY DDR3 1866.

Thanks.
m
l
January 24, 2013 4:33:25 AM

benegessrit said:
Hi dagsyo,

Did you find out what the problem is? I'm having the same issue; getting the "Press F1 to enter setup" message but nothing happens after I press it. I'm not getting any beeps though.

I'm also doing a new build with the A10-5800K and FM2-A75MA-E35 board, 2x4GB PNY DDR3 1866.

Thanks.

Hey,

I just pressed F2 to load defaults and it brought me into the bios of the mobo. The processor was recognized and everything seemed to be fine so I went ahead and installed windows. I have been using the computer for about 2 weeks now (I am on it right now) without any issues. I haven't used it heavily though or for an extended period of time. I am unsure why during the POST it beeped 5 times (which usually indicates a processor error of some kind) when in reality the processor was recognized and functioning properly. I thought about flashing a new bios but since windows loaded fine and the system seemed to be stable I figured it wasn't worth it. Hope that helps.
m
l
April 23, 2013 7:28:05 AM

dagsyo said:
benegessrit said:
Hi dagsyo,

Thanks.

Hey,

I just pressed F2 to load defaults and it brought me into the bios of the mobo. The processor was recognized and everything seemed to be fine so I went ahead and installed windows. I have been using the computer for about 2 weeks now (I am on it right now) without any issues. I haven't used it heavily though or for an extended period of time. I am unsure why during the POST it beeped 5 times (which usually indicates a processor error of some kind) when in reality the processor was recognized and functioning properly. I thought about flashing a new bios but since windows loaded fine and the system seemed to be stable I figured it wasn't worth it. Hope that helps.

m
l
!