  • Nokia
  • Wireless Access
Last response: in Brands
February 28, 2005 1:49:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

For anyone interested
Nokia 6630 Review

Using an O2 sim. Working fine on 2.5g but unfortunately i have no o2
3g coverage where i live so unable to test this. O2 Active and other
wap sites work perfectly over GPRS WAP (Note, there is no CSD support
on the 6630). Using the Nokia Settings Wizard automatically setup GPRS
WAP, MMS and gave option to configure an email account.

Using a 3 contract sim. Works great on 3 3g and also roaming on o2
2g/2.5g. Settings Wizards automatically setup WAP (Walled Garden!),
MMS and gave option to configure the 3Mail email account. The Walled
garden works fine with the option on videos etc to save and play video
clips which i find important. Also, video calls worked 100% ok.

Solid, good build quality. Nice weight and size. I got the Light Green
colour which is very nice. The camera and video recorder are very good
quality, using the smooth digital zoom is very impressive.

The screen is large & bright. A useful feature is the light sensor
which detects dark or light surroundings and adjusts the
backlight/keypad accordingly.

Bluetooth: Using a Nokia HDW-3 BT headset worked 100%. Bluetooth data,
sent several files to/from my pc with no probs. I had no probs using
the Bluetooth modem and my ipaq 2210 to access O2 GPRS.

TomTom Mobile works great, using a Dell BT GPS Receiver and a 128MB RS
DV MMC.

A few last things, Full Screen Video playback is nice, MP3s are
excellent quality using the built in loudspeaker and also stereo
headset. Menu navigation is easy and fast.

PC connectivity (using the DKU-2 cable, def. supplied with the simfree
6630) is great. Works perfectly with PC Suite 6.41, no probs.

This review was of a Nokia 6630, simfree, standard, no network badges.
Firmware 2.39.152, 03-12-04.

More about : 6630 review

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:14:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

In article <jct521t45qtmq1lv31j68got4cnlvbbo0b@4ax.com>,
eggster2k@nospambreathe.com says...
> TomTom Mobile works great, using a Dell BT GPS Receiver and a 128MB RS
> DV MMC.

Where did you buy 128Mb DV RS MMC? Is it nokia branded ?
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:14:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:14:57 +0100, Darijo Vrban
<MAKNIwrbexx@gmail.com> wrote:

>In article <jct521t45qtmq1lv31j68got4cnlvbbo0b@4ax.com>,
>eggster2k@nospambreathe.com says...
>> TomTom Mobile works great, using a Dell BT GPS Receiver and a 128MB RS
>> DV MMC.
>>
>Where did you buy 128Mb DV RS MMC? Is it nokia branded ?

i bought it from expansys:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118485

it is available elsewhere cheaper though.
Related resources
March 1, 2005 12:42:40 AM

eggster2k wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:14:57 +0100, Darijo Vrban
> <MAKNIwrbexx@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>In article <jct521t45qtmq1lv31j68got4cnlvbbo0b@4ax.com>,
>>eggster2k@nospambreathe.com says...
>>
>>>TomTom Mobile works great, using a Dell BT GPS Receiver and a 128MB RS
>>>DV MMC.
>>>

>>Where did you buy 128Mb DV RS MMC? Is it nokia branded ?
>

> i bought it from expansys:
>
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118485
>
> it is available elsewhere cheaper though.

i got mine from mobilefun.co.uk, £27.45 including p+p. It came within 2
days of ordering.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:42:40 +0000, Marc <see@signature.url> wrote:

>>>Where did you buy 128Mb DV RS MMC? Is it nokia branded ?
>>

>i got mine from mobilefun.co.uk, £27.45 including p+p. It came within 2
>days of ordering.

They are £25 in Carphone Warehouse. Or £20 with Robbie Williams
Greatest Hits on it.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 7:09:40 PM

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:57:37 +0000, k <me@work.here> wrote:

>>i got mine from mobilefun.co.uk, £27.45 including p+p. It came within 2
>>days of ordering.
>
>They are £25 in Carphone Warehouse. Or £20 with Robbie Williams
>Greatest Hits on it.

are you sure you are referring to dual voltage rs mmc cards?
March 3, 2005 2:38:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:09:40 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>>They are £25 in Carphone Warehouse. Or £20 with Robbie Williams
>>Greatest Hits on it.
>
>are you sure you are referring to dual voltage rs mmc cards?

I thought I was, yes.

But then I went and bought one - it came up as £25 when he scanned it
, but I pointed out it said £20 in the magazine so he sold me it for
£20.

I tried it in my phone and it didn't work.

So I took it back this morning and got my money back.

SO - No, I suspect its not dual voltage. Sorry for misleading anyone!
!