Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New build mobo help

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 6, 2013 5:10:41 AM

So I want to get a Z77, as I'm not sure if I want to OC or not in the future and I'd rather be on the safe side. I have still not decided on nvidia or amd for the gpu. I may SLI or crossfire in the future. I am looking to spend less than $150, and the lower the better. Keep in mind that I never plan on using more than 2 gpus.
So...
Which Z77 board should I get to crossfire?
Which Z77 board should I get to SLI?

Thanks!!!

More about : build mobo

January 6, 2013 5:17:59 AM

xtjaga3 said:
So I want to get a Z77, as I'm not sure if I want to OC or not in the future and I'd rather be on the safe side. I have still not decided on nvidia or amd for the gpu. I may SLI or crossfire in the future. I am looking to spend less than $150, and the lower the better. Keep in mind that I never plan on using more than 2 gpus.
So...
Which Z77 board should I get to crossfire?
Which Z77 board should I get to SLI?

Thanks!!!



Some recommended boards in your price range, look them over then choose the right specs for what you think you will need.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz77...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z77ag45thu...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77extr...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-p8z77vlk




Related resources

Best solution

January 6, 2013 5:23:50 AM
Share

xtjaga3 said:
So all of these are capable of and equal in regards to SLI or crossfire?



Generally speaking most boards that support sli support crossfire, if they dont they specify which.


Look at the specifications on those links, they answer that question.
January 6, 2013 5:33:08 AM

maxalge said:
Generally speaking most boards that support sli support crossfire, if they dont they specify which.


Look at the specifications on those links, they answer that question.


Yeah I saw that both were supported. I think I had a misunderstanding that even though some support both they may be better at one. Super noob here. Been researching my first build for months. Probably purchase in the spring. Debating between a 2gb 660, 2gb 7850, and 2gb 7870.
Not sure which brand or how much to spend. Guess I can't go terribly wrong with any of those. Pretty much going to be for ARMA 3 and Simcity 5.
What do you think?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w8WN
January 6, 2013 6:33:36 AM

xtjaga3 said:
Yeah I saw that both were supported. I think I had a misunderstanding that even though some support both they may be better at one. Super noob here. Been researching my first build for months. Probably purchase in the spring. Debating between a 2gb 660, 2gb 7850, and 2gb 7870.
Not sure which brand or how much to spend. Guess I can't go terribly wrong with any of those. Pretty much going to be for ARMA 3 and Simcity 5.
What do you think?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w8WN



PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($127.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($91.33 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1041.80
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-06 03:35 EST-0500)

Nice.
January 10, 2013 1:39:09 AM

Best answer selected by xtjaga3.
!