Hi I just reinstalled WC3 and I'm itching to host some old games I used to play. Only problem is that whenever I try to forward the ports, I can't host. So i did a lot of research and discovered the problem is my computer, not the router. So...on with the details.
Router: Linksys WRT350N using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/20/11) mega - build 18024
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. If you need more info on the PC itself I would love to, but it doesn't seem to be associated with the problem.
Ok, so... What have I done?
1. Forwarded the ports on my router (6112-6119 on TCP/UDP) using my ip that I got from ipconfig
2. Used Port Triggering with the same ports
3. Restarted computer
4. Reset router (30-30-30)
5. Upgraded router to a new version of ddwrt (the one posted above)
6. Released and Renewed the ip
7. Released Ip, used Static Ip, then Used Auto ip, then Renewed IP
8. Uninstalled Network Card, then reinstalled
8. Slammed head on wall
9. Posted here
The weird thing is that no matter what I do, I can't host, I even use port checking websites and they all say I'm being blocked. Also, no matter how much I try, I can't get my computer to give me a new IP it is ALWAYS the same. That is why I have tried restarting the computer and renewed the IP. Even when I reset router and upgraded the ip didn't change.
Connect the computer directly to the modem and see if it works. If it does, then at least you know it's a router problem. If it doesn't, then it's obviously NOT a router problem, and may simply be the ISP is blocking ports.