CM HAF 932
ASUS P6X58D-E
Windows 7
CM 120mm Heatsink
Corsair 750w
Light on 24x DVD
1 TB Western Digital
6g Corsair DDR3

It's about 2 and a half years old, but it's running like it's 5 years old. I just reinstalled Windows to see if that would help, it didnt.

Any ideas on what it could be? I do a lot of multitasking, playing a few games and listening to music and watching a movie at once.

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about computer running slow
  1. can you be more specific about what slow?

if you do multitasking, open simultaneous files

try get an 120GB ssd
  2. Check temps it could be throttling from getting hot.
  3. Thanks for the quick replies. By slow I mean I tried to transfer 20 songs from my external harddrive to my desktop, it took an hour to do 5 songs then froze, then I tried to play a song and halfway through windows media player froze.

It seemed like netflix was having trouble playing by it's self, it just kept getting choppy

All 4 CPU core temperatures are 40 degrees Celsius
  4. oh transfer file..... sure... are you using usb 2.0 or 3.0?

and make sure you transfer it only ONE simultaneous transfer, not 2 or more copy pasting
  5. Jvass said:
    Thanks for the quick replies. By slow I mean I tried to transfer 20 songs from my external harddrive to my desktop, it took an hour to do 5 songs then froze, then I tried to play a song and halfway through windows media player froze.

It seemed like netflix was having trouble playing by it's self, it just kept getting choppy

All 4 CPU core temperatures are 40 degrees Celsius

If it's freezing while playing them locally, you could have a bad cable or bad drive. The cable is the quickest/cheapest option so try replacing the cable first.
  6. It actually seems to be running smoother now - is it possible that it's because I didn't use it for a month and then started using it?
  7. 1TB and above drives, especially when a couple of years old can build up a LOT of clutter.

My advice is to defrag it intensively using something like UltraDefrag.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Corsair Systems