-AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6ghz
-MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
-G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8gb DDR3-1600
-Western Digital Velociraptor 500gb
-HIS IceQ 7870 2GB GHz Edition
-Cooler Master Haf 912
-Seasonic G Series 550w 80+ Gold PSU
-Lite On DVD Drive

What im wondering is if it would be worth it to upgrade to Intel (Id wait for haswell) and have to change out my motherboard and have to reinstall drivers, and windows, and all the other stuff I dont want to do it because its a huge hassel. Or if I should just keep my motherboard and get a FX 8350. I would be overclocking my CPU with either one I get but just let me explain the rest.

Now lets call intel option one and AMD option two. So option one would cost around $380 with the equivalent of the 3570k for haswell (assuming they dont raise the price), a cooler master hyper 212 plus, and a $120ish motherboard. Now option two would cost $290 with a FX 8350 and a h100. So what I want to know is would it be worth it to pay the extra $100, go through the hassel of reinstalling windows, drivers, etc, to upgrade to intel. Or should I keep my AM3+ motherboard and get a FX 8350. Keep in mind though I would be overclocking both, although with the option two I can fit in a h100, with option one I could only fit in a hyper 212 plus. I know intel is better, but would it be worth it spend another $100 and go through everything Id have to go through to switch CPUs and motherboards instead of just getting a 8350 and overclocking it.

More about : upgrade

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 90 V Motherboard
January 6, 2013 4:17:00 PM

switching mobo will cost you a new OS :) 

8350 doesnt add noticable performance for gaming.... LOL

i personally will go with intel build and sacrifice a lot of money
m
l
January 6, 2013 4:26:08 PM

AMD Radeon said:
switching mobo will cost you a new OS :) 

8350 doesnt add noticable performance for gaming.... LOL

i personally will go with intel build and sacrifice a lot of money

Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle then. That would be close to $500 just to switch over to Intel.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 90 V Motherboard
January 6, 2013 4:30:51 PM

be satisfied with your current gaming pc dude

haswell is coming in the mid 2013
m
l
January 6, 2013 4:44:38 PM

AMD Radeon said:
be satisfied with your current gaming pc dude

haswell is coming in the mid 2013

I am, I think I'll just get a nice CPU cooler and over clock right now. Just a quick note though, I've read that you can reinstall windows on a new motherboard if you call Microsoft and ask for a new activation key. Do you know anything about this?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 90 V Motherboard
January 6, 2013 4:58:24 PM

^ asking new key will not work on OEM windows, as it is only for 1 motherboard
m
l
!