New Gaming Build

Hi,

Im am building a new gaming pc and i just wanted to make sure I have everything correct. Please tell me if any of my parts are bottlenecked and if so, what i should change them too. Dont worry about the mouse, kebyboard, or monitor.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

CPU Cooling:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard:
ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Video Card:
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5

Memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Case:
COOLER MASTER HAF 912

PSU:
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W Modular Power Supply

Hard Drive:
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM

Optical Drive:
SAMSUNG Black CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive

Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version)
7 answers Last reply
More about gaming build
  1. thumbs up :)

be careful with Western Digital WD Black as it is marketing gimmick
    get any 7200rpm hdd as long as it is cheap :)

no SSD?
  2. Looks fine to me provided your RAM is of the correct speed (you haven't posted the speed).
    Personally I'd spend a bit more on the graphics card and perhaps go for a 7870 or GTX 660. That is just my opinion though, not a necessity. It depends on how demanding your games are and how high you want the settings.
  3. If you have to sacrifice your gpu for a lower end gpu just to fit in a ssd then i wouldn't do that. Yeah you will get faster boot up times.. but id rather have an extra 20fps in games.
  4. AMD Radeon said:
    thumbs up :)

be careful with Western Digital WD Black as it is marketing gimmick
    get any 7200rpm hdd as long as it is cheap :)

no SSD?

nah i dont really care for the extra boot time
  5. casper1973 said:
    Looks fine to me provided your RAM is of the correct speed (you haven't posted the speed).
    Personally I'd spend a bit more on the graphics card and perhaps go for a 7870 or GTX 660. That is just my opinion though, not a necessity. It depends on how demanding your games are and how high you want the settings.

DDR3 1600mhz ram

also i would like to run games like battlefield 3 at max settings around 50-60 fps so should i get a 660 ti or 7870
  6. I don't play BF3 but according to a review done by Tomshardware themselves the 7850 achieved an average of 54.7 FPS in BF3 at max settings when using a resolution of 1920x1080. The 7870 achieved 65.2 at the same resolution.

Going on that you might be ok with the 7850 as long as you aren't planning to use a higher resolution. The other cards would be more 'future-proofing' I suppose.

Here is the review to read for yourself - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-review-benchmark,3148-6.html

Oh yeah and that RAM is fine.
  7. Given your component list, I expect you'll be trying your hand at overclocking, in which case the 7850 is a great choice. It's kind of an overclocking freak.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18389760

Fair warning, this guy tried to go beyond 1400mhz @ 1.5v, which is nuts; and ended up frying his card. However, I've been running my original asus dc2 7850 @ 1200 mhz core, 1.225v since early may without a hiccup. Am now running a pair of them at that speed.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems