New Gameing build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wclE

This is my first gaming build and I have a few questions. I will be overclocking the CPU and GPU.

Is the cooler a bit excessive.
Is the motherboard I selected good enough?
Is the GPU any good because I can't find any reviews?
Is the case good enough for the build?
And what is your overall opinion about the build?

I plan to game regularly and do some video editing and image editing.

Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about gameing build
  1. i am not any expert but i will tell u what i know/suggest ETC...

i think about the cooler you should get a 1 of those huge noctua D14's theyre perfect for cooling! :)

the gpu i suggest an Nvidia card like GTX 680 or so
    the case is good.
    my overall opinion about the build without my suggestions well its a very very good gaming rig- i belive with the GTX 680 you"ll have a better rig for gaming and video editing overall again really really good PC
  2. Is the cooler a bit excessive.
    if you are not sure, go with a strong air cooler. liquid cooling may degrade quality, pumps get noisy, etc

Is the motherboard I selected good enough?
    good

Is the GPU any good because I can't find any reviews?
    no, XFX often cannot be OCed. get gigabyte/sapphire

Is the case good enough for the build?
    your case is expensive.... but it is a very good case :)

And what is your overall opinion about the build?
    your cpu should be 3570k as it performs similar in game. i7 only benefit in professional software
  3. ^ True DAT
  4. Thanks for the help. I think I will go for the GTX 680 and also go for the Noctua D14.
  5. Wait! Do you plan on overclocking the GPU??? If so you could just get a GTX 670 ( i prefer the msi Power edition) and overclock it to be just as good or evenfaster than a GTX 680 Stock speed.. and its cheaper.. or do what i do im Getting the MSI R7970 Lightning
  6. and resolve this thread by choosing a best answer thats important in order to not floo the the Forum (i learned that the hard wway)
  7. How do i resolve the thread?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt GPUs Build Systems