DDk/WDM Screen Capture

a b \ Driver
February 23, 2005 12:43:23 PM

Hi There!

I need is a virtual driver for capturing desktop window (applications
must see it as a webcam).

As I did not find any free drive for doing that, I am trying to develop
one...
I installed DDK and realized that TESTCAP (DDK ´s sample) has all I
need - except that this driver doesn't capture anything (it only shows color
bars). So, I thought that all I would have to do was to change the core
function "ImageSynth" (in capxfer.c), including a screen capture method and
to make some simple changes...

I tryed GDI for capturing the screen, and likely that's
the problem. In order to debug, I commented all the code in
"ImageSynth", except the following commands, but I have no success (the
driver is successfully compiled and installed, but Windows shows a message
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

void ImageSynth (
IN OUT PHW_STREAM_REQUEST_BLOCK pSrb,
IN ImageXferCommands Command,
IN BOOL FlipHorizontal
)
{
// IF THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS ARE COMMENTED, DRIVER WORKS FINE!
HDC hdcScreen;
hdcScreen = CreateDC("DISPLAY", NULL, NULL, NULL);
DeleteDC(hdcScreen);
}

Does anybody could help me? What I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

More about : ddk wdm screen capture

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
March 5, 2005 5:29:40 PM

"Alexander Prado" wrote:
> Hi There!
>
> I need is a virtual driver for capturing desktop window
> (applications
> must see it as a webcam).
>
> As I did not find any free drive for doing that, I am trying
> to develop
> one...
> I installed DDK and realized that TESTCAP (DDK ´s sample) has
> all I
> need - except that this driver doesn't capture anything (it
> only shows color
> bars). So, I thought that all I would have to do was to change
> the core
> function "ImageSynth" (in capxfer.c), including a screen
> capture method and
> to make some simple changes...
>
> I tryed GDI for capturing the screen, and likely that's
> the problem. In order to debug, I commented all the code in
> "ImageSynth", except the following commands, but I have no
> success (the
> driver is successfully compiled and installed, but Windows
> shows a message
> "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The
> driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".
>
> void ImageSynth (
> IN OUT PHW_STREAM_REQUEST_BLOCK pSrb,
> IN ImageXferCommands Command,
> IN BOOL FlipHorizontal
> )
> {
> // IF THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS ARE COMMENTED, DRIVER WORKS FINE!
> HDC hdcScreen;
> hdcScreen = CreateDC("DISPLAY", NULL, NULL, NULL);
> DeleteDC(hdcScreen);
> }
>

> Does anybody could help me? What I need to do?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Alex

try to use SoftCam application. It includes Virtual Wecam driver and
screen capture utility. If this one don’t suit u needs I know some
alternatives also. I see u tried to develop WDM driver by your self ,
would be nice if u will share u experience.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Device-Driver-DDk-WDM-Scre...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=864784
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
March 7, 2005 2:04:34 PM

"ilja78" wrote:
> try to use SoftCam application. It includes Virtual Wecam
> driver and screen capture utility. If this one don't suit u
> needs I know some alternatives also. I see u tried to develop
> WDM driver by your self , would be nice if u will share u
> experience.

Hello,

I’m trying to do quite the same as you and also have some problems.
Maybe we could share some code so we can come to an sollution?

Tom
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 4, 2005 9:35:39 PM

I used musicstacker to automatically play and record music that I got from
Napstar and iTune. You can get a copy from www.musicstacker.com

These are the steps.

(1) Install and run musicstacker

(2) Select the source directory; this is where you have your, music files,
iTune, or Napster downloaded files.

(3) Select the destination directory.

(4) Select the music that you want to record. Click "Play and Record".

(5) When the music finish playing then you can use the file in the
destination directory with any iPud, MP3 player, or Burn It to Disk.

Or go to www.musicstacker.com for more info and a copy

!