Solved

Is it time to upgrade my machine?

Hello everyone, A while back I asked the community about building a new rig and everyone's advice worked beautifully and I got myself a nice little rig. I have a AMD Phenom II 1100T 6 core processor, 8GB RAM, XFX AMD Radeon HD 6850 Black edition, and a 550 watt power supply. This machine has been great to me but its been about a year or so sense I've upgraded it and I think it might be that time. I recently purchased Far Cry 3, loving it by the way. But I can't run it at max settings and I know that's not a big deal because I can run it on high/very high, but I feel like I am missing out. I'd like to run it at Ultra. I do not want to spend too much though. I have tried over clocking and that helps but only so much. I want to know your thoughts on how I can make my rig up to par with Far Cry 3 and other demanding games. I run Crysis and Crysis 2 pretty well. Battle Field 3 runs good. What can I upgrade? I'm thinking I need a news graphics card. Maybe i should just throw another 6850 in there in crossfire? Thanks for any tips and adive!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about time upgrade machine
  1. Best answer
    If you want to crossfire, you will end up paying more for your performance increase. as you will need a bigger psu. I suggest selling your gpu and buying this 7870 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605

I believe this will easily play it on ultra, as your card is equal to a 7770.
  2. So buying another 6850 won't beat the 7870? or would it be about the same? Thanks though, I was actually looking at this card recently.
  3. Excellent. Thank you very much!
  4. Best answer selected by Chicken-Select.
  5. Your welcome
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product