Over the limit Crosstfirex

That's true but besides that what kind of moron uses beast 6990 with a cheap motherboard.A mobo with the 2 pcie 16 lane slots that leave a full empty card slot between. ie: Rampage III or MSI big bang xpower etc. Makes a huge difference to the heat and noise.

I'd assume the kind who can't speak English. Just a guess though.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

They might clock slower but they are faster cards both per watt and per clock.

Different architecture. You will be better off with 2 7970's by far.

As I said 2 6990's won't scale as well as 2 7970's meaning the 7970's will give you higher framerates.

The 6990 is old tech. Two 6970s on one board. They are very powerful and very good. But only worth it if you own one. You seem to imply you think they are better then current cards because of clock speed. That makes no sense. big mistake

Get over it.I did not start it.BTW i was born and raised in U.S. so take your racist remarks else where ;)

Not insulting calling someone an idiot don't count huh :??:

Lol seriously? Race has nothing to do with how you speak. that's the most racist thing i ever heard. If you were born in the US. and can't speak English. I wanna cry. I have never seen someone so illiterate. With all the,extra help you get here. Wow. You're paid to go to school.

Go troll somebody else.If you don't like it to bad.I am done with this non sense.

Dude496

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Honestly, you are better off running a 7970 tri-fire setup...unless of course you already have 2 6990's. I'm waiting on my third 7970 to get shipped, but from what I have heard, the third card does a really good job at eliminating micro-stutter. you can get an XFX 7970 for about $330 each on amazon right now (after rebate) so the price difference between the two setups wouldn't be that much.

Take a look at this link for a 3dmark score of a quadfire 6990 setup...

http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?169535-Quadfire-6990-s-still-rubbish-results-compared-to-Trifire

This is what I get in 3dmark11 using a crossfire 7970 @ 1150 clock, 1550 memory...
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5017890