Latest firmware - Nokia 6630?

Last response: in Brands
March 1, 2005 12:17:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
as yet on the 'net??

TIA,

Chris
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 12:20:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
>(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
>as yet on the 'net??
>
>TIA,
>
>Chris

forgot to mention, i have got V2.39.152, dated 3/12/04
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 1:57:58 PM

eggster2k wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
> <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>

>>Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
>>(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
>>as yet on the 'net??
>

> forgot to mention, i have got V2.39.152, dated 3/12/04

Seem to be later 6630 data packages with names like:

RM-1_dp_v_5.03_MCUSW3.0445113_EURO.exe

This suggests MCU version 3.04something at least.

Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to
do this yet.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
March 1, 2005 2:52:15 PM

"Brian Morrison" <scrapspam@fenrir.org.uk> wrote in message
> eggster2k wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
>> <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
>>>(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
>>>as yet on the 'net??
>>

>> forgot to mention, i have got V2.39.152, dated 3/12/04
>
> Seem to be later 6630 data packages with names like:
>
> RM-1_dp_v_5.03_MCUSW3.0445113_EURO.exe
>
> This suggests MCU version 3.04something at least.
>
> Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to do
> this yet.

Level 4 SC's can flash them and it's filtering down to level 3 as well -
anything under that and you're out of luck at the moment. On the flashing
front it looks like JAF will be the first flasher to be able to flash BB5
handsets but it'll be a chargeable upgrade (along with the other boxes I'd
guess).

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:53:01 PM

Richard Colton wrote:

>>Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to do
>>this yet.
>

> Level 4 SC's can flash them and it's filtering down to level 3 as well -
> anything under that and you're out of luck at the moment.

Is there any easy way to tell a Level 4 SC? Or other levels for that
matter? I've not seen anything obvious but maybe I just didn't look in
the right place.

> On the flashing
> front it looks like JAF will be the first flasher to be able to flash BB5
> handsets but it'll be a chargeable upgrade (along with the other boxes I'd
> guess).

Expect so, do you know what is taking the time? Just the usual problem
of working out what they hell everything does?

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:26:25 PM

> Richard Colton wrote:
>
>>>Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to
>>>do this yet.
>>

>> Level 4 SC's can flash them and it's filtering down to level 3 as well -
>> anything under that and you're out of luck at the moment.
>
> Is there any easy way to tell a Level 4 SC? Or other levels for that
> matter? I've not seen anything obvious but maybe I just didn't look in the
> right place.

No idea short of asking. The nearest one to here is in Sheffield and has
now been downgraded to a level 1 service centre. Looks like I'm better
equipped than they are ;-)

>> On the flashing front it looks like JAF will be the first flasher to be
>> able to flash BB5 handsets but it'll be a chargeable upgrade (along with
>> the other boxes I'd guess).
>>

> Expect so, do you know what is taking the time?

Politics (for a change), sorting the bugs out and deciding how much the
upgrade charge will be I suspect.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 2:12:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
>(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
>as yet on the 'net??
>
>TIA,
>
>Chris

update:
i've had an email back from my usual nokia service centre, they have
firmware V3.45.11.3
!