Latest firmware - Nokia 6630?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
as yet on the 'net??

TIA,

Chris
6 answers Last reply
More about latest firmware nokia 6630
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
    <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
    >(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
    >as yet on the 'net??
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Chris

    forgot to mention, i have got V2.39.152, dated 3/12/04
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    eggster2k wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
    > <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
    >>(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
    >>as yet on the 'net??
    >

    > forgot to mention, i have got V2.39.152, dated 3/12/04

    Seem to be later 6630 data packages with names like:

    RM-1_dp_v_5.03_MCUSW3.0445113_EURO.exe

    This suggests MCU version 3.04something at least.

    Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to
    do this yet.

    --

    Brian Morrison

    please observe reply-to address

    "Brian Morrison" <scrapspam@fenrir.org.uk> wrote in message
    > eggster2k wrote:
    >> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
    >> <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
    >>>(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
    >>>as yet on the 'net??
    >>

    >> forgot to mention, i have got V2.39.152, dated 3/12/04
    >
    > Seem to be later 6630 data packages with names like:
    >
    > RM-1_dp_v_5.03_MCUSW3.0445113_EURO.exe
    >
    > This suggests MCU version 3.04something at least.
    >
    > Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to do
    > this yet.

    Level 4 SC's can flash them and it's filtering down to level 3 as well -
    anything under that and you're out of luck at the moment. On the flashing
    front it looks like JAF will be the first flasher to be able to flash BB5
    handsets but it'll be a chargeable upgrade (along with the other boxes I'd
    guess).

    --
    >>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<

    Richard Colton wrote:

    >>Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to do
    >>this yet.
    >

    > Level 4 SC's can flash them and it's filtering down to level 3 as well -
    > anything under that and you're out of luck at the moment.

    Is there any easy way to tell a Level 4 SC? Or other levels for that
    matter? I've not seen anything obvious but maybe I just didn't look in
    the right place.

    > On the flashing
    > front it looks like JAF will be the first flasher to be able to flash BB5
    > handsets but it'll be a chargeable upgrade (along with the other boxes I'd
    > guess).

    Expect so, do you know what is taking the time? Just the usual problem
    of working out what they hell everything does?

    --

    > Richard Colton wrote:
    >
    >>>Don't know who can flash them though, even Nokia SCs may not be able to
    >>>do this yet.
    >>

    >> Level 4 SC's can flash them and it's filtering down to level 3 as well -
    >> anything under that and you're out of luck at the moment.
    >
    > Is there any easy way to tell a Level 4 SC? Or other levels for that
    > matter? I've not seen anything obvious but maybe I just didn't look in the
    > right place.

    No idea short of asking. The nearest one to here is in Sheffield and has
    now been downgraded to a level 1 service centre. Looks like I'm better
    equipped than they are ;-)

    >> On the flashing front it looks like JAF will be the first flasher to be
    >> able to flash BB5 handsets but it'll be a chargeable upgrade (along with
    >> the other boxes I'd guess).
    >>

    > Expect so, do you know what is taking the time?

    Politics (for a change), sorting the bugs out and deciding how much the
    upgrade charge will be I suspect.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
    >>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:17:36 +0000, eggster2k
    <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the 6630
    >(UK, standard, no network badges)? And also are there any changelogs
    >as yet on the 'net??
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Chris

    update:
    i've had an email back from my usual nokia service centre, they have
    firmware V3.45.11.3

Nokia Mobile Firmware