Assassin's creed fps issue

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I have been having an issue with my new 7950 and assassin's creed 3. While outside I usually get between 22 and 34 fps, and my gpu is only at about 20-40% usage. So that leads me to believe that I should be getting 40-60fps. So my question is why wouldn't it be getting higher fps? And how can I solve it? Also, in cut scenes it gets higher fps and I get 70%+ usage at these points. It's only this game as also. In metro I am getting 40-55 usually. I played it for about 30 minutes today and it didn't drop below 40 once. On borderlands 2 it was getting about 100-130fps. So I can tell it isn't an gpu issue. I don't understand what going on. Why won't my gpu have a higher percent usage on that game? With those games it also is getting a much higher % usage.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Yes, as I said earlier, I was getting 40-55fps in general on metro.

freshbakd

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
as long as you dont see deteriorating performance in other games at all.I would rule out any malfunction or damage and hate to say it but your probably going to be waiting until a driver update.If problems persist then start worrying

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Did you get your ac3 problem sorted mate? I too was having the same issues with my hd 7950. The beta drivers sorted it out a wee bit but the fps issue was still annoying me. What I did was download d3doverrider which forces vsync and turned off the gams vsync. This works for farcry 3 also!

Sandouby_96

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
this is a game issue i really felt uncomfortable too when i found this huge FPS drop when i entered Boston i was running the game on gtx 660 ti but wheni turned the v sync of and lowered the AA the game was quite playable about 30 FPS and i finished it like that , i tried everything pdating game,driver and nothing worked maybe such things may help u but i'm quite sure if u wanna play the game u should lower the graphics settings ;)

EzioAs

Distinguished
I probably just got lucky but I finished AC3 with everything set to max except AA (I think it was the middle option: high or very high or something). I played on an i5-3570K and a GTX460 and got 45-50 on avg (even in Boston at 40fps+), 35 minimum. Very playable. Maybe you ought to lower AA a little bit.

There was that one time when connor turns into a bird and the frame rates were locked at 24fps but maybe that's just because how devs created it.

AC3 is very much CPU bound. If you don't have a high clocked Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU, you are likely to run into framerate issues in certain areas, regardless of what GPU you have. The game isn't properly multithreaded and can only effectively use 1 core, so single threaded performance is paramount. Try turning down the environment details to the middle option, that will help your framerates a bit.

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Ive got a phenomII x4 975be and im getting a good 60 fps even in boston. I had to force vsync with an outside program though. Would rather have a sandy bridge though as is the near future my cpu will hold me back. It probably does in some games by around 5-9 fps yet it isn't noticeable as yet.

dienan47

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
@OP - Hi mate! I'm having the same issue. In Boston my FPS would drop down to 29 in ultra. Reducing GFX settings won't help a lot. I think we should wait for a path or a new driver. Maybe both :) There's nothing wrong in your system.