Nikon D50 raw images (NEF) and PSE

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 6, 2005 5:44:53 AM

I know the D50 has not been out there long but I have found that PSE 3.0 and
even Nikon's Capture 2.3 get a corrupted file error when I try to load or
when the program automatically loads nef files from my new D50.

Has anyone else been able to use D50 raw image files in any program?

Thanks

John
Nikon D50 user
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:46:41 AM

Did you try PictureProject or better yet the current version of Nikon View?

"shutterbug" <shutterbug@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
news:p IGye.89211$j51.78725@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>I know the D50 has not been out there long but I have found that PSE 3.0
>and even Nikon's Capture 2.3 get a corrupted file error when I try to load
>or when the program automatically loads nef files from my new D50.
>
> Has anyone else been able to use D50 raw image files in any program?
>
> Thanks
>
> John
> Nikon D50 user

July 6, 2005 6:26:40 AM

I found that Capture 4.3 does work except when in the "raw +jpg mode". In
that mode it seems to not accept the "compressed" raw images but load the
jpg's

I am going to double check that tonight.

PSE3 (trial version) will show all raw images as corrupt.

Perhaps the "real" version and the upgrade patches fix the problem.

John
!