First Set up, compatible?! SSD and HDD?

Hello, I am going to ask all of you experts on your opinions of my pre built set up. First, i am using my MBP Retina 15.4" that i got not too long ago which has a 250gb SSD. And ill add, it is VERY quick, starts up in a few seconds and is flawless, minus gaming. I know i can add bootcamp, but two OS and then downloading games and all the other stuff leaves me with no storage. So first, I currently plan on buying a HDD (1TB Western Digital 7200RPM, 64 MB cache) for my new computer. How does having two hard drives work? Do i put Windows OS on the SSD and maybe two or three games on it and then everything else on the HDD? In that case, i would probably go down to a 500 GB HDD and maybe a 128 GB SSD. What are your thoughts on that?

Heres my plan on what i would like to purchase and build. Is it compatible? Is there enough/too much power? 750 W

i7-3770K
eVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Crosair Vengeance low profile 8gb (2x4gb)
Crosair HX series HX750 - 750 Watts
Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM 64mb cache
Crosair Carbide Series 400R
Crosair Hydro Series H100 <------ Is this necessary?

BTW, this computer will be used 99% for gaming such as BF3, Arma, Far Cry etc.....
2 answers Last reply
More about first compatible
  1. the following are off
    i7-3770K --> add nothing to game, get 3570k and save 100 usd
    Crosair Hydro Series H100 <------ Is this necessary? NO
    if you have no experience with liquid cooling, you might be disappointed with its problem. get best air cooling instead, noctua 14 will do
  2. What is your oponion on the SSD vs the HDD or both?
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt SSD Hard Drives Systems