Dungeon Siege screen saver

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to Control
Panel and try to remove the program I get a

Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I do
the either remove or make it work?
Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi Rick,

First instinct was to suggest installing Shockwave Flash, however
after some quick Googling, I found this solution:
"Copying an old swflash.ocx to C:windows\system32\Macromed\Flash worked. "
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=185&threadid=925128&enterthread=y

To find your old swflash file Rick, use the Start / Search function.
Let me know if you have any problems! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Rick" <rlucas04@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3_SdndKDDviZr7vfRVn-rg@comcast.com...
>I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
> After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to Control Panel and try to remove the program I get a
>
> Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I do the either remove or make it work?
> Thanks

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Thanks Jimmy, I found the file in the same folder the other people found it
in on the link you gave me. I then copied it to the folder you said. Thanks
again

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
> Hi Rick,
>
> First instinct was to suggest installing Shockwave Flash, however
> after some quick Googling, I found this solution:
> "Copying an old swflash.ocx to C:windows\system32\Macromed\Flash worked. "
> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=185&threadid=925128&enterthread=y
>
> To find your old swflash file Rick, use the Start / Search function.
> Let me know if you have any problems! :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
> rights.
>
> "Rick" <rlucas04@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
>> After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to
>> Control Panel and try to remove the program I get a
>>
>> Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I
>> do the either remove or make it work?
>> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Cool! Glad that worked. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.