Dungeon Siege screen saver

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to Control
Panel and try to remove the program I get a

Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I do
the either remove or make it work?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about dungeon siege screen saver
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Hi Rick,

    First instinct was to suggest installing Shockwave Flash, however
    after some quick Googling, I found this solution:
    "Copying an old swflash.ocx to C:windows\system32\Macromed\Flash worked. "
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=185&threadid=925128&enterthread=y

    To find your old swflash file Rick, use the Start / Search function.
    Let me know if you have any problems! :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Rick" <rlucas04@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3_SdndKDDviZr7vfRVn-rg@comcast.com...
    >I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
    > After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to Control Panel and try to remove the program I get a
    >
    > Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I do the either remove or make it work?
    > Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Thanks Jimmy, I found the file in the same folder the other people found it
    in on the link you gave me. I then copied it to the folder you said. Thanks
    again

    "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > First instinct was to suggest installing Shockwave Flash, however
    > after some quick Googling, I found this solution:
    > "Copying an old swflash.ocx to C:windows\system32\Macromed\Flash worked. "
    > http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=185&threadid=925128&enterthread=y
    >
    > To find your old swflash file Rick, use the Start / Search function.
    > Let me know if you have any problems! :-)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    > rights.
    >
    > "Rick" <rlucas04@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
    >> After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to
    >> Control Panel and try to remove the program I get a
    >>
    >> Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I
    >> do the either remove or make it work?
    >> Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Cool! Glad that worked. :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Rick" <rlucas04@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MoOdnYNTxZAa-rvfRVn-2Q@comcast.com...
    > Thanks Jimmy, I found the file in the same folder the other people found it in on the link you gave me. I then copied it to the
    > folder you said. Thanks again
    >
    > "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message news:uV1Px73HFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >> Hi Rick,
    >>
    >> First instinct was to suggest installing Shockwave Flash, however
    >> after some quick Googling, I found this solution:
    >> "Copying an old swflash.ocx to C:windows\system32\Macromed\Flash worked. "
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=185&threadid=925128&enterthread=y
    >>
    >> To find your old swflash file Rick, use the Start / Search function.
    >> Let me know if you have any problems! :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    >>
    >> "Rick" <rlucas04@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3_SdndKDDviZr7vfRVn-rg@comcast.com...
    >>>I downloaded a free Dungeon Siege screen saver from Microsoft home page.
    >>> After installing it, when I try to start the screen saver or go to Control Panel and try to remove the program I get a
    >>>
    >>> Error Widow that says "could not find the file (swFlash.ocx)". What to I do the either remove or make it work?
    >>> Thanks

Drivers Microsoft Device Driver Windows XP