Come judge my first gaming build

bigfoot1

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hello every one i will be buying parts for my first gaming build this week, i have researched and came up with these components.

CM storm stryker ,case

msi pe 670 ,GPU

EVGA Super NOVA bronze 750w ,psu

Crucial Ballistix sport (2x4), RAM

Gigabyte GA-z77x udrh, mobo

intel core i53570k

i already own a 500gb WD green,
a CM hyper 212 plus, and windows 7.

I decided to skip out on a SSD so that i could upgrade from a 660ti to the 670, but i will probably purchase a SSD in 2 or 3 months.
This pc will me used mainly for gaming witch is why im not to concerned about the SSD.
I would have went with the asus 670 dc2t but i heard they were discontinued for awhile so that they can fix a bug it had, but the msi pe seems like a good card also, if you have any recommendations for other cards please tell me, I do not care about noise, all i care about is performance and how much it can be overclocked

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
1. Both msi and asus would be a great card. It would all matter to personal preference. If I were you, get the card you like most of the two, so you won't have any regrets saying "I should have got the other card". :D
2. If your not planning to sli, better decrease your psu to 600w-650w range. I recommend corsair/seasonic or other psu on higher tier (tier1 or tier2) on this link. (Check the brand and series) http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/permalink/323050/323050/ShowThread.aspx#323050

sluggercz

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

If you aren't going to go for SLI in the future you do not need more than 550W for that setup, even if you plan to overclock. I would suggest saving some money and getting a quality 550W psu (as long as its 80 Plus certified, don't go for bronze, silver, or gold as you won't notice the difference in efficiency at such low wattage) and using that extra money on a SSD.

A SSD is one of the most valuable components available to us in my opinion as you will not only notice it upon starting Windows everyday, but also when you are stuck on those pesky loading screens in all of your favorite games.

TL;DR: Save some money by going to a ~550W PSU, and use that money on a SSD

I third the vote for an SSD.

You can get a good, 128GB one for cheap now, and there's no reason not to. I have a gaming build, and I have to tell you... My computer is on the desktop and usable faster than anyone elses' is awake from sleep mode, and not having barely ANY load screens makes single-player stories that much more immersive. It doesn't affect your framerate, but it does affect, rather drastically, how "fast" you perceive your computer to be.