Tags:
  • New Build
  • BIOS
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2013 5:28:41 AM

I have this motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And this CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The CPU comes in the mail tomorrow. I haven't used the MB yet but I bought in Sept before the Vishera line came out. My question is should I hook up my current athlon am3 core 2 to the mb to update the bios? I read that the current bios the MB has on it wont support Vishera until I flash the bios update.

Another key point is my new SSD arrives same time tomorrow as well as my new OS, so it will be a fresh install of everything. I also do not have a USB drive although I have been able to load by Android phone as a flash drive in the past so maybe that is an option to flash the bios as well.

I have never flashed bios in the past so this all new to me, sorry if these are noob questions :sweat: 

More about : bios

January 7, 2013 7:53:06 AM

Just build the computer with the athlon , install the OS ,
and motherboard drivers [ you can download the latest versions if yu are using windows 8 ]

and then download the windows version of the 2.20 BIOS
You can flash it from windows
m
l
January 7, 2013 8:55:02 AM

Yes its windows 8. I didn't say that in the first place because I was afraid of any flak I would get. But it was cheaper than 7 and I wanted to try it out.
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2013 9:11:56 AM

So flash with the althlon from windows, power down and throw the 8320 and it will boot up? sounds easy enough.
m
l
January 7, 2013 10:43:34 PM

IM having trouble flashing from windows. the software i dl from the asrock website has an application that i dl and extract. once i run the app as admin it just pops up for a split second then dissapears. then nothing happens. i restart the computer and the bios has not updated.
m
l
January 8, 2013 3:34:52 AM

So I got everything up and working, looks to be running ok. Only question I had is when I dl the all in one driver and utility instaler from asrock webpage it gives me some ati catalyst software. nothing i can run to install all the drivers.
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:41:38 AM

Install the all in one drivers . I believe its the motherboard chipset drivers + graphics card driver but they dont make that very clear

Then head to the AMD or nVidia website [ depending on your graphics card ] and download and install the latest release
m
l
January 8, 2013 12:36:59 PM

Yah I tried all that and I still cant any usb ports to work. I am having to use my ps2 mouse/keyboard plus my logitech usb headset wont show up, not even in device manager. : (
m
l
!