Sign in with
Your question

Why cant i connect to wireless network at hotel

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 6, 2012 1:11:57 PM

I am having problems connecting to any hotels wireless system. It says its connected but I cannot access the internet. I can access my wireless system at home and at Starbucks. Any ideas.

operating system- Vista
computer- Toshiba Satellite
January 6, 2012 2:43:11 PM

Some hotels require that you pay for internet access. So even though your system is connected to their network it won't allow you to access the internet without permission.
January 6, 2012 6:39:18 PM

skaz said:
Some hotels require that you pay for internet access. So even though your system is connected to their network it won't allow you to access the internet without permission.

No, that's not it. Wireless internet access is free. They even gave me a code to enter but it never gets to that screen. It appears I am connected but it won't allow access to the internet. I've tried different browsers and none will connect. Like I said before...I can connect at home and at starbucks but not at hotels. This has happened more than once to me.

thanks for the trying.

George
February 6, 2012 2:05:25 PM

I've had the same problems at hotels. I can get on wirelessly at home, starbucks or anywhere else, and my husband can get on at these hotels. My computer says i'm connected but i can't get into "accept" page of hotels browser. At 2 different hotels I was put thru to their IT dept and they manually added me, but that makes me nervous. Any suggstions? Does it have to do with my firewall?
!