New custom PC

Wilkie323

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hey everyone,

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam vel bibendum est. Etiam sagittis lorem eu urna faucibus sagittis. Duis a leo viverra, ornare magna lobortis, congue metus. Suspendisse sagittis, lorem ut porta semper, lacus felis iaculis leo, vel rhoncus eros diam sit amet eros. Vivamus feugiat aliquet neque, in pharetra arcu ornare sit amet. Vivamus fringilla quam a mauris malesuada, vitae condimentum elit commodo. Vestibulum vitae justo pellentesque odio rutrum tincidunt. Ut vehicula nulla egestas erat scelerisque volutpat.

What exactly is this going to be used for? It's useless for gaming, and pretty weird for anything else as well.

Is this a custom built as in you're building it yourself, or "custom built" as in someone's building it for you? I highly, HIGHLY recommend you do a bit of research and build it yourself. Yes, it'll take longer to learn what you want to buy, but you should do that anyways, so you don't get a crap computer.

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
1. you should go for an i73770k instead of the 3820, its just no worth the money.
2. an aftermarket cooler would be a good idea, the hyper 212 evo is powerful and cheap
3. if you want to game, you should be spending another couple of hundred dollars on a decent GPU
4. why do you need a network card? your motherboard will come with gigabit ethernet

Hazle

Distinguished
a) that motherboard is incompatible with that CPU

b)if this is a gaming build, stick with an i5-3570K. rendering, video/image editing, VMs, etc. consider a 3770K. a 3570K is still a good choice as well.

c)ram; 8gb for gaming. 8gb is still doable beyond gaming, but feel free to grab more if you got a used for it.

d)GPU; fine for general usage. crap for games. you should be able to spend on a 670/7970 for the purpose of gaming with that budget.

e) you don't need a sound card, not unless you're a massive audiophile, or have a professional use for it.

f)for your budget, find a better quality PSU. i recommend a tier 2b at least from this list; http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx . 700-750w if you're looking to get a second high-end card. 550-650w if you're sticking with one