Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Two video signols into one monitor at same time

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 23, 2012 1:06:59 PM

Hello,

I am looking for something that will allow me to send two video sigonls into one monitor. Dsub, Or dvi. Does anyone know of anything that does not cost an arm and a leg. That can do this? I am not looking for a KVM I want to be able to display two video sources on one monitor at the same time on a monitor that does not have pip support.

Thanks
Scott
a b C Monitor
November 23, 2012 1:31:10 PM

Actually, most modern Monitors support dual inputs.

I have a couple of Viewsonic LEDs VX-something that have dual hdmi input and VGA, so it should be what you need/want. Samsung also has this in most of their lineup.

Cheers!
November 23, 2012 1:39:06 PM

I am not looking to buy a new monitor. Looking for an adaptor of some sort if available. If an adapter will cost as much as a new monitor that supports pip than I guess that is the way I will have to go. But relly looking for some kind of adapter.

Scott
Related resources
a b C Monitor
November 23, 2012 1:49:03 PM

I don't believe such an adapter exists, atleast I have never heard of or seen such a creature. They make devices like this for security cameras but they are lower resolution and use RCA inputs. While most monitors will allow 2 or more inputs only 1 is usable at a time. It sounds like you want both inputs displayed at the same time, for that you'd almost need a TV with PIP or split screen support. The only monitos i have seen that support such a feature also had built in hdtv tuners.

Best solution

a b C Monitor
November 23, 2012 2:05:07 PM

Correct. To my knowledge you need a monitor that supports this. You won't find an adapter that allows this. At least I've never heard of one.
a b C Monitor
November 23, 2012 2:22:58 PM

That won't do what he wants to do. Even if he used analog and not digital.
November 23, 2012 9:21:08 PM

After searching the net for about 3 hours and not finding what I was looking for I thought it might not exist. So I decided to ask here to see if I was searching for the wrong thing. I did find the CCTV units but they are costly. Thanks for the feedback.

Scott
November 23, 2012 9:21:40 PM

Best answer selected by navalweaponsofficer.
!