achromatic69

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: 2 weeks

Budget Range: Doesn't matter if its worth it.

System Usage: OC Gaming, Everday Usage

Are you buying a monitor: No

Overclocking: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 2560*1440p (x2)

Hi guys,

Lets keep this short and simple. Building a new rig for overclocking and gaming.

Parts I have decided:

Samsung 830 (Raid 0)
intel i5-3570K
Corsair H100i
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9
GTX 670 (x2)

For the motherboard I'm still deciding if I should go with:

Asus P8Z77-V-Pro or Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H or AsRock Z77-Extreme6

Or anything else that I should look in to?

I haven't really looked into cases that will fit the H100i and a good PSU for SLi setup, suggestions would be very helpful.

-id suggest the z77-v pro for the motherboard
-get either gskill ares 2x4gb or the corsair vengeance. whichever is cheaper
-id suggest getting a noctua nh-d14 over a h100i
-for the video card, get a windforce gtx 670 from gigabyte or a msi power edition gtx 670. whichever is cheaper.

achromatic69

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, and yes it does make sense to get the NH-D14 over the H100i for just being a few degrees warmer and nearly half of the price cheaper (from where I live). Oh well, I guess I will have to push water cooling off this time.

PANZER4

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Corsair HX/AX series, seasonic X series for PSU
case....whatever catches your eye. If you like understated cases, then corsair have some nice ones, such as the 400/500r, or the 550D/650D. Flashy cases, maybe coolermaster HAF series? Just throwing out some case suggestions.
And high end coolers really don't make much of a difference for ivy brigde, if you really want to push the chip, you'll want to delid it. An NH-D14 on a delidded ivy, to the best of my knowlegde, will defeat a h100i on a non delidded ivy brigde chip.

Regarding water cooling, it's generally accepted, go either full water cool, or air cooling. So I recommend the NH-D14, or a XSPC watercooling kit