Your question

ATI 6770 Black/Gray Bezeled Screen and Crashing

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 23, 2012 2:25:22 PM

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me diagnose my issue. (PC specs below)

I purchased an AMD 6770 card in July and did some very light PC gaming.

In August I would play iRacing for 20-30 minutes and then the screen would eventually turn black for 10-20 seconds and then come back, until it eventually crashed completely. So I stopped playing iRacing.

In September I started playing CS:GO and after 5-10 minutes I would have FPS issues, the screen would flicker black, sometimes it would turn gray with black lines going down the screen and eventually completely crash. I finally found out that AMD Catalyst Drivers had the card overlocked by default under "Overdrive Settings" I found that turning off the overclock and setting the fan to 70% fixed my CS:GO issues.

Tuesday I started playing Planetside 2, and now I'm having the same exact issues as I had with CSGO. After playing I even have to restart the machine because I tried browsing Chrome and it just showed up with black/white boxes all over the screen.

In October I upgraded my processor/mobo/ram to an MSI board, i5 CPU, and 8gb RAM. I have a fan blowing directly on the graphics card and as I stated earlier have the FAN set to constant 70%. When monitoring the temperature it never runs hotter than 40 degrees C.

Any ideas? Thanks!! :pt1cable: 

More about : ati 6770 black gray bezeled screen crashing

a b U Graphics card
November 24, 2012 4:18:03 PM

This issue occurred to me when I overvolted my 6770. If you have any third party overclock software, try uninstalling it
m
l
!