Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Rig Budget SGD$1000

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2013 12:35:59 PM

Hi! I've heard about this forum from my friend and thought that i would try this out! I'm thinking of building my own gaming rig this 2013 as part of my new year resolution and have a budget of SGD$1000. The store that i'm looking to purchase the parts from, i have provided the price list here: http://fuwell.com.sg/uploads/misc/Fuwell050113.pdf

However, being a newbie at fixing my computer and choosing the parts, i hope the people on this forum would be able to help me to choose the best components for the budget that i have that gives me the best gaming experience for this budget! Much Thanks !

I do not intend to buy components online and do not need a mice keyboard and a display screen :) 
January 7, 2013 1:18:48 PM

Sorry for late Response.
Just realized that I didn't had a Adobe Reader. :lol: 

Its hard to search through that File.
So I recommend you this Build.
This is totally a Gaming Build. No Hardcore Software work support, will be good enough for a little.

i5 3470 ($370 Combo Deal)
Asrock H77 Pro4\MVP (^^^)
G.skill X series 2x4GB 1600Mhz ($75)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ($90)
MSI GTX 660 TF ($365)
Corsair GS600w ($80)
Any CD\DVD Writer ($20)

Grand Total: $1000 :lol: 

You can replace that Card with 7870, if you prefer AMD.

Just knew that GPUs are real Expensive there. :) 

m
l
January 7, 2013 1:21:21 PM

thanks for your patience! :)  What is the difference betwen AMD and that card?
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2013 7:44:08 AM

7870 is faster in terms of fps. (5% Increase)
GTX 660 is better in terms of smoothness.

But in Nvidia you get great features like TXAA, Adaptive V-sync & Physx.
Which are worth the difference.

And with New Nvidia Drivers (310.90), GTX 660 will be even better

I suggest a GTX 660. And I too have one.
m
l
January 8, 2013 8:12:23 AM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:

Thanks :D  just another question: which names do the components belong to like GTX 660 is the drivers, nt sure about the rest haha and what about the box to hold the components?:) 
m
l
January 8, 2013 8:19:41 AM

Sorry, I didn't understand your last Message\Question. :) 
m
l
June 24, 2013 9:59:00 AM

Hey i just went to sim lim square 2 days ago and built my pc
i5 3470
Asus P8B75-m LE
Palit Geforce 2gb DDR3
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 4gbx2
WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB
530W Thermal Take PSU
Random Drivebay
TP-Link WDN 4800 pcie wifi adapter
Sharkoon T28
Windows 7
The total cost for all this is $1010 i bought it from video pro in sim lim square you can download their price lists online.
m
l
June 24, 2013 10:00:48 AM

btw the prices that other ppl give are not accurate as its not in sgd so its probably more ex
U can find many price lists from stores in sim lim online here are the 5 main stores
Bell,Fuwell,Best Bargain,Best Price and Video Pro
Video pro has the cheapest price i think
m
l
June 25, 2013 5:01:00 AM

Nicholas9595 said:
Sumukh_Bhagat said:

Thanks :D  just another question: which names do the components belong to like GTX 660 is the drivers, nt sure about the rest haha and what about the box to hold the components?:) 

Graphics Cards with 3 numbers and a GTX prefix are made by Nvidia. The 660 in this case designates which model. The first number tells you which year/generation the card is from and the second tells you where it falls in relation to the other cards Nvidia makes (in this case, a 690 which costs ~1000 dollards would be the best performing card of the 600 series generation).

AMD also makes the actual graphic cards, but their numbering system has 4 numbers like the 7870 mentioned above. Similarly to Nvidia, AMD's first number also indicates which generation of cards it is from, but a 7XXX card from AMD and a 6XX are actually from the same year (2012-2013). For example, Nvidia just released their 2013-2014 models, their 700 series, graphics cards last month and AMD would typically be releasing their newest 8000 series cards at the same time (But they are currently behind schedule).

Each company updates their drivers (which are essentially a coding upgrade for the cards) periodically to address issues or to improve how a GPU renders certain games.

MSI is a company that buys Nvidia cards in bulk, adds their own aftermarket coolers and clock boosts (meaning that they tweak their performance above Nvidia's base settings to get higher performance), and sells them to consumers at around the same price point. Other competitors to MSI include ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc.

When Sumukh_Bhagat recommended the MSI GTX 660 TF, he was telling you to buy a Nvidia GTX 660 graphics witch MSI "Twin Frozer" (or TF) aftermarket cooling/fan set-up.

The systems everyone suggested are pretty good suggestions. If you dont care or dont think you could notice the difference between the two cards (the GTX 660 or AMD 7870), I'd grab the AMD one with the 4 games bundle. Personally, I always buy Nvidia since I have never had an issue with any of their cards i have gotten and have had friends who were disappointed with AMD equivalents.
m
l
!