Canon Digital Rebel 6.3m version, battery question.

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 7, 2005 12:04:53 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to Digital SLR's and just go my first one, a refurbished Canon EOS
Digital Rebel. It's awsome I really love the camera.

I want to get an extra battery and was wondering if this battery would work
"BP-511A". If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank you very much.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:18:16 PM

Netwoyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Digital SLR's and just go my first one, a refurbished Canon EOS
> Digital Rebel. It's awsome I really love the camera.
>
> I want to get an extra battery and was wondering if this battery would work
> "BP-511A". If anyone knows please let me know.
>
> Thank you very much.

This is from memory, so I could be wrong on this.

However, I believe I have a BP-511 and a BP-511A battery for my Canon
Digital Rebel. The 511A has is a newer model of the battery, has a
slightly longer life in the camera, a slightly faster recycle and
recharge time. Nothing you are really going to notice in day to day
use. If you are shooting in extreme conditions, rain forest, sub zero
locations you might notices some difference.

I will have to look later and make sure the one is a 511A.
Everyready also makes a battery that they claim works with the Canon
Digital Rebel. I have not tried the Everyready battery.

roland
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 11:10:56 AM

>On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 "Netwoyer" <benemyjosh@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I'm new to Digital SLR's and . . . I want to get an extra battery . . .

You'll save a lot of bucks by ordering from Sterlingtek:

http://www.sterlingtek.com/

A lot of people here order from this vendor, and no complaints so far.
July 10, 2005 2:04:31 PM

rbehunin@alumni.weber.edu wrote:
> Netwoyer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm new to Digital SLR's and just go my first one, a refurbished Canon EOS
> > Digital Rebel. It's awsome I really love the camera.
> >
> > I want to get an extra battery and was wondering if this battery would work
> > "BP-511A". If anyone knows please let me know.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
>
> This is from memory, so I could be wrong on this.
>
> However, I believe I have a BP-511 and a BP-511A battery for my Canon
> Digital Rebel. The 511A has is a newer model of the battery, has a
> slightly longer life in the camera, a slightly faster recycle and
> recharge time. Nothing you are really going to notice in day to day
> use. If you are shooting in extreme conditions, rain forest, sub zero
> locations you might notices some difference.

I do have a BP-511A battery. As far as normal operation, there is not
much difference between it and the 511. They both work fine. The
directions said it was supposed to last longer, and recycle faster,
etc. I haven't noticed much difference.

I have seen batteries for the Canon Digital Cameras in Walmart, Shopko,
Target, etc made by Everyready for around $40 if you don't want the
Canon Name brand batteries. You can also get the mail order from some
places for less money like someone else mentioned. I would just stay
away from someplace called "Laptops for Less" in Anaheim, Calif that
says they sell batteries. They charge your credit card and never ship
the battery.

roland
!