My First Complete Custom Build

USERTNite

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Purpose: Gaming/game recording & publishing/Photoshop
Budget: $2000 (not including monitor and keyboard)

Gaming Aim: BF3 and other latest games on MAX settings.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/we1p (first build)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wf9d (2nd build)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wmcQ (final and complete build)

I have decided to stick with the HD7970 because the gtx 670/680 is only a bit better in my opinion and like 100/200$ more. The 32gb ram i decided to take because its only $90 more than the 16gb. Over all pretty happy but i still want to see what you all think.

Any Thoughts? My first build :)

You don't need 32 GB, for what you need 16GB will do, it's terrible expensive, you can get 16GB 2x8GB for ~80-85$...
Also don't get the asus sabertooth it's way overpriced, i can't see why it's 250$...it has low power phases, no features that justifies the price(doesn't have wifi nor thunderbolt ports), that thermal armour is just marketing, it doesn't make the board cooler(in temps), and with time it will collect dust...
Also get the corsair hx750, why spend much more for the ax series ?...the hx is good enough...
Also a terrible priced hdd, i'd just get the seagate 2TB for much less, and spend in a larger SSD...

USERTNite

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

im fine with spending even $100 on twice the ram
i will research other mb and see if I can find something...everyone tells me to switch that
thats the issue i have...with overclocking will 750w be enough or should i go higher?

USERTNite

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

actually, im looking at it now and the only gold 75 is the ax all the others are silver or bronze, the hx is silver

USERTNite

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

lol jk it was labeled wrong where i was looking... when i was looking at ibuy power builder (not that im using that) it said that with that configuration i needed 628W or something so i thought a 650w would be pushing it with oc...

USERTNite

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

mk, thanks for the help again... :)

g-unit1111

Titan

I agree with everything said here. I'd also ditch the 3770K - you won't need hyperthreading even for BF3, I know it's one of the few games that takes advantage of it - but it's really not worth spending the money. Drop that to the 3570K and upgrade your GPU to the 7970 GHz edition and upgrade your cooler to a Noctua D14.

You certainly don't need 32GB of RAM or Windows 7 Ultimate - you're just throwing money away needlessly. And don't get the Vengeance RAM with the tall heat sinks either if you use a D14.

USERTNite

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

I dont just play games, thats not my first priority...i also render...

g-unit1111

Titan

If you're going to render I'd suggest purchasing an NVIDIA card over and AMD one - you will benefit from the additional hardware instructions that the GTX cards have, and the Radeons don't.