warranty code for Nokia 7610 ??

Last response: in Brands
March 2, 2005 11:40:16 PM

hi,

on all my previous Nokia phones I have been able to type *#war0anty#
.... to obtain the date it was made.

I now have a Nokia 7610 and this code does not work....does anyone
know how I can find out when my Nokia 7610 was made??

Thanks heaps in advance for all your help!!!
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:39:54 AM

On 2 Mar 2005 20:40:16 -0800, leighwilliams@gmail.com (weenhound)
wrote:

>hi,
>
>on all my previous Nokia phones I have been able to type *#war0anty#
>... to obtain the date it was made.
>
>I now have a Nokia 7610 and this code does not work....does anyone
>know how I can find out when my Nokia 7610 was made??
>
>Thanks heaps in advance for all your help!!!

you could phone/email a nokia service centre and give them the imei.
they will tell you when the warranty expires and the phone was made 15
months before the date given. This has worked for me a few times in
the past when i've had symbian phones that don't work with the
warranty code.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 6:03:50 PM

is that the only way to do it? is there no way of extracting this
information out of the phone??

it'd be a real hassle calling nokia each time we want to find this
out....isn't it information that should be easily availiable to the
consumer?

!