Solved

Upgrade or expand GPUs?

Hey i'm kinda new to the thread so i'll just be brief. Currently I'm running with an Nvidia Geforce 8800GT, ram is 2GB on windows Vista core 2 duo, not sure on the clock speed, cause I'm not sitting at it right now. The main question I have is should I upgrade my graphics to the newer lines or would it be a little cheaper to get another 8800 and run them SLI? Currently I am playing Skyrim at High with the settings customed a little bit. I have a few hang ups and probably drop to low 30 and high 20s during gameplay. If I need to upgrade,where would be a good place to start? Thanks.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade expand gpus
  1. Sli will be a waste of power consumption and money(they scale very poorly), look for a 660 gtx 2gb or 670 gtx 2gb on newegg/amazon.
  2. Are there noticeable differences between the 660 and 670? Basically is it worth the extra $130 to buy the 670?
  3. Best answer
    Do you play @1080p? do you need all games maxout at ~50-60 fps ?

If you play at a resolution bellow get the 660 gtx, if you answered yes to the 2º question get the 670 gtx.
    Of course if your in a tight budget the nvidia 660 gtx will do, you'll see a huge improvement compared with the 8800gt.
  4. Best answer selected by lightboy26.
  5. alright, thanks for the help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics